Games lagging on my new radeon hd 6750?

Hello,
some told me to change my psu so i changed and brought a corsair 550w psu
still games are lagging like l.a.noire,nfs the run,cod:black ops
even oldies like crysis are lagging
my pc specs are:
core 2 duo
4gb ddr3 ram
500gb hard disk
asus mobo
power color radeon hd 6750
corsair 550w psu

i have connected the 6-pin power cable
i don't think so games should lag on this graphic card
previously i had 9500gt games were smooth but why not on this gpu?
i think so it's good card to play games at mid-settings...
please help!!!!!!!!
help will be appreciated
please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13 answers Last reply
More about games lagging radeon 6750
  1. Crysis is a very GPU intensive game, you won't be able to play it very well with a 6750.
  2. what resolution are you playing at. and really, i wouldn't consider crysis to be an "oldie" it has way to complex graphics to be in the same category as the rest.
  3. dudewitbow said:
    what resolution are you playing at. and really, i wouldn't consider crysis to be an "oldie" it has way to complex graphics to be in the same category as the rest.


    i am playing at 1024x768
    new games all at lowest settings
    even oldies and very small games are lagging
    like nfs(oldies) too
  4. thelivingscarecrow said:
    i am playing at 1024x768
    new games all at lowest settings
    even oldies and very small games are lagging
    like nfs(oldies) too


    have you kept track with the temperature of the cpu/gpu inside the case under load?
  5. Uninstall your old nvidia drivers and your current AMD drivers.
    Run ccleaner
    Download and install new AMD drivers from their website.
  6. dudewitbow said:
    have you kept track with the temperature of the cpu/gpu inside the case under load?



    yes the temp doesn't go above 60 degree
    i have installed the latest drivers too
  7. He didnt say install the newest drivers only, he said uninstall the old drivers and run cclener to clean any remnants of the old drivers.
  8. The fact of the matter is, that GPU isn't a very powerful card. Try it on low settings and if it improves, then you know it's just your hardware.
  9. check wheather u installed it properly or not
  10. Ccleaner doesn't remove old drivers like Driver Sweeper
  11. dudewitbow said:
    have you kept track with the temperature of the cpu/gpu inside the case under load?



    yes the temp doesn't go above 60 degree
    i have installed the latest drivers too
  12. thelivingscarecrow said:
    Hello,
    some told me to change my psu so i changed and brought a corsair 550w psu
    still games are lagging like l.a.noire,nfs the run,cod:black ops
    even oldies like crysis are lagging
    my pc specs are:
    core 2 duo
    4gb ddr3 ram
    500gb hard disk
    asus mobo
    power color radeon hd 6750
    corsair 550w psu

    i have connected the 6-pin power cable
    i don't think so games should lag on this graphic card
    previously i had 9500gt games were smooth but why not on this gpu?
    i think so it's good card to play games at mid-settings...
    please help!!!!!!!!
    help will be appreciated
    please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Hey who said hd 6750 is not a powerful card?! i hv bought this card at this 30 jun 2012 n i thought that it would run my games at mid settings but i m surprise by its performance i m playing every game at its max!! dragon age 2 at high crysis 2 at ultra assassins creed 2 at ultra with some shadows down and pop forgotten sands at ultra smoothly there r little slow fps in crysis 2 in some areas (specially in city area) n assassins creed 2 at those locations in day time (in game) where there r lots of people around but thats cuz of my slow processor n ram these r specs of my slow rig:
    dual core e5200 2.5ghz
    2gb ddr2 667mhz
    HIS radeon 6750
    1024x768 screen res
    cooler master elite 460 psu
    windows 7 professional
    i always install fresh window whenever i change graphics card or processor! :wahoo:
  13. 1. Back up your files and game files from boot HDD

    2. Flush your BIOS with the latest version

    3. Format your PC and install latest possible windows OS you have

    4. Install drivers in following order:

    a. Install chipset, b. install audio driver, c. install graphic driver, d. install whatever else hardwar you have on your board.

    5. Restart and install your game and see if it's laggin or not. If it is swap the graphic card with a better 1 to see if there's any difference.

    PS: Your PC specs look pretty good, there shouldn't be any lag if you choose the proper resolution settings in most of the games, and yes even the latest ones :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Lag Games Graphics