ajm1212

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
What is the main difference between the two? (besides price and frequency) They seem to me to be pretty similar besides frequency.

Price and frequency are the only differences. Personally I'd get an 8320 and overclock it. I'll tell you right now that I have an overclocked FX 8120 and I think it's great. There's not a thing it can't handle. The FX 8320 should be able to overclock even higher and plus it has 7% better IPC and 7% better power efficiency. So it should not only clock higher and run faster but also it should run cooler.

they are the same chip, except one has a higher clock. BUT if the chips are binned, the likelyhood of the max clock on the 8350 is likely to be higher than the 8320 on average. but if you come across a good 8320, then its exactly the same.

basically luck of the draw. the 8350 is just more likely to have a better chip, but doesnt necessarily mean that all 8320's are worse than it.

They are exactly the same chip. Actually I remember last year that people were getting higher frequencies out of the FX 8120 than the 8150. But I can only overclock my 8120 to 4GHz and keep it stable. Anything more and it just gets too hot. So yeah. It's the luck of the draw and you might have more luck overclocking the 8350. That's the absolute only possible advantage though. The 8320 should easily clock to default FX 8350 speeds.