Desktop not loading properly

TDUBS

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2012
Okay not sure if this is the right spot to post, but I need help regardless. The other day the flag in the bottom right corner was up and I clicked it to see the messages and it was some kind of update. I clicked it and it did the update and whatnot.

I rebooted my computer, and all of a sudden it began acting funny. It was real slow and the cursor constantly had that Windows 7 loading circle next to it. I just thought nothing of it and ran a virus scan & registry cleaner - nothing was found. Now whenever I boot, it boots fully after I put my password in, but some program shortcuts may not be loaded (shows the white paper looking icon like it's broke). Also my start up stuff won't come on like my Wireless connectivity bars in the bottom right or my Windows Live Messenger, etc like it normally does. Whenever I move my cursor at the bottom where the task bar is, everything is unclickable and shows the loading circle next to the cursor. I gave it about 10 minutes, and still doesn't fully load.

Then I noticed sometimes when I reboot, there's the white _ in the top left corner that just flashes, not even getting into the Windows loading screen. But when I boot into Safe Mode with Networking, everything works fine. At some point last night after running in Safe Mode for a couple of hours, it was back to normal - then did it again when I rebooted my computer this morning. And yes, I'm currently in Safe Mode.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!