BeyondVacuity

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I have spent a lot of time trying to look for the source of the problem, a lot of google searching, double checking all the settings that should be relevant, but not much luck so far..
When playing the mouse and keyboard gradually become less and less responsive. I have seen a number of threads on a number of forums dealing with lag or no response in game but not one that seems to be the same. It seems to happen in the more intense matches, bigger better blah, but has absolutely no correlation with fps or anything. If i put all the in game settings low as possible, i still get the problem, to the same degree as maxed out settings.
It is almost like the mouse and keyboard are stuggling to connect on and off (wireless) however even if i go as closer as logically possible it still happens. Out of game ( as i type now i sit 3 metres away (not 30cm) and it works fine. However if i play the game and it is particaully irresponsive if i shut down the game the issue does continue for 10 - 20 seconds after.
I cannot work it out, and its making playing fairly unplayable.

As i said i have double checked all the drivers and made sure to put the most logical settings in order to reduce any difficulties, i have added in some .cfg files ( as recommended across the www.) for fixing laggy inputs. But laggy don't seem to be the issue, i am not entirely sure it is bf3 specific or a system/component problem.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Actually what you are describing can happen if you have a usb adapter for a joypad like for ps2 controller, also plugged in at the same time on some games.

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
See if you can get a normal USB or PS2 keyboard/mouse wired and test! Maybe its the keyboard and mouse power supplying?? Maybe your PSU is having trouble?!

BeyondVacuity

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks for replies, when i get the chance i will test out another set, keyboard and mouse, wired ones and wireless. It just seems strange that they function fine without the game running.
I'm not running crossfire or anything special, 7870 card, 990fx msi board & AMD fx 6100 but I got a decent, OCZ 500 watt, so again I can't help but doubt thats an issue.