Default Application Installation

I have just done a clean install and placed my important programs on C:,
anything else that gets installed I would like to place in D:/program files
by default. In other words when my boy goes to install his junk and the setup
dialog for quake pops up I want it to automatically seek the D drive instead
of the C drive. I think this would be a simple fix but after cruising the web
for a couple of hours I can't seem to find the fix

Thanx
2 answers Last reply
More about default application installation

    There's no such fix. It's entirely up to the application to determine
    default installation paths, and even at that there's more than a few that
    ignore any overrides. Unfortunately MS is just as bad as other vendors in
    that regard.

    --
    Walter Clayton

    "dmtu" <dmtu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have just done a clean install and placed my important programs on C:,
    > anything else that gets installed I would like to place in D:/program
    > files
    > by default. In other words when my boy goes to install his junk and the
    > setup
    > dialog for quake pops up I want it to automatically seek the D drive
    > instead
    > of the C drive. I think this would be a simple fix but after cruising the
    > web
    > for a couple of hours I can't seem to find the fix
    >
    > Thanx

    Not the answer I wanted to hear. Maybe it will be fixed in the next version.
    Thanks walter

    "Walter Clayton" wrote:

    > There's no such fix. It's entirely up to the application to determine
    > default installation paths, and even at that there's more than a few that
    > ignore any overrides. Unfortunately MS is just as bad as other vendors in
    > that regard.
    >
    > --
    > Walter Clayton
    > Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
    >

    > "dmtu" <dmtu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have just done a clean install and placed my important programs on C:,
    > > anything else that gets installed I would like to place in D:/program
    > > files
    > > by default. In other words when my boy goes to install his junk and the
    > > setup
    > > dialog for quake pops up I want it to automatically seek the D drive
    > > instead
    > > of the C drive. I think this would be a simple fix but after cruising the
    > > web
    > > for a couple of hours I can't seem to find the fix
    > >
    > > Thanx

Configuration Default Clean Install Customization Windows XP