Default Application Installation

I have just done a clean install and placed my important programs on C:,
anything else that gets installed I would like to place in D:/program files
by default. In other words when my boy goes to install his junk and the setup
dialog for quake pops up I want it to automatically seek the D drive instead
of the C drive. I think this would be a simple fix but after cruising the web
for a couple of hours I can't seem to find the fix

Thanx

There's no such fix. It's entirely up to the application to determine
default installation paths, and even at that there's more than a few that
ignore any overrides. Unfortunately MS is just as bad as other vendors in
that regard.

--
Walter Clayton

"dmtu" <dmtu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just done a clean install and placed my important programs on C:,
> anything else that gets installed I would like to place in D:/program
> files
> by default. In other words when my boy goes to install his junk and the
> setup
> dialog for quake pops up I want it to automatically seek the D drive
> instead
> of the C drive. I think this would be a simple fix but after cruising the
> web
> for a couple of hours I can't seem to find the fix
>
> Thanx

Not the answer I wanted to hear. Maybe it will be fixed in the next version.
Thanks walter