Solved

PCiE 2.0 graphics card in PCiE 3.0 slot, will it work?

My question is in the thread title. :)
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about pcie graphics card pcie slot work
  1. Best answer
    For sure. No worries there. You can use a PCIe 2.0 card in a PCIe3.0 slot.
  2. yes it will
  3. Best answer selected by bawss.
  4. ubercake said:
    For sure. No worries there. You can use a PCIe 2.0 card in a PCIe3.0 slot.

    well what about the other way around will a 3.0 card work on a 2.0 slot
  5. AtomicSpoon said:
    well what about the other way around will a 3.0 card work on a 2.0 slot


    Yes! it will too.. it just like a USB 3.0 plug in to the USB 2.0 slot..:sol:
  6. engklay said:
    AtomicSpoon said:
    well what about the other way around will a 3.0 card work on a 2.0 slot


    Yes! it will too.. it just like a USB 3.0 plug in to the USB 2.0 slot..:sol:

    Very good way of explaining it! :pt1cable:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics