Question about Forgotten Hope

I heard alot of good things about the FH Mod, I am just wondering if
it's like XWW2 Mod where you don't have to hit the enemy 5 times to get
a kill. So my question is actually is the damage in Forgotten hope
much more realistic or is it like Original BF1942 and they just added
weapons/new maps?

In article <1109425699.496912.34570@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
SamuelF566@AOL.COM says...
> I heard alot of good things about the FH Mod, I am just wondering if
> it's like XWW2 Mod where you don't have to hit the enemy 5 times to get
> a kill. So my question is actually is the damage in Forgotten hope
> much more realistic or is it like Original BF1942 and they just added
> weapons/new maps?

Forgotten Hope is what BF1942 should have been when it was released.
It's realistic to the point that most "gamers" would find it boring and
hard.

/CF

So how many shots does it take to kill enemies...like one shot on the
leg or back?

Bonobo <news.wanadoo.nl> wrote:

>Sorry Jan, I don't agree with you.

You're free to do that. ;^)

I reserve the right not to like it, and the abundance of swastikas and
other nazi insignia has no small part in it.

FH is not realistic, nor is any other mod.

JK'05 aka Elkrider

Jan Kannemacher wrote
>I reserve the right not to like it, and the abundance of swastikas and
>other nazi insignia has no small part in it.

I understand that as a German you're probably a little more sensitive to
Nazi imagery than the rest of us. Fair enough. I can live with it or
without it, and don't really consider it an issue as long as it is not
glorifying the Nazi "cause" or Nazi atrocities...

>FH is not realistic, nor is any other mod.

Very true. But its a damn fine Battlefield mod and far superior *in my
opinion* to the original game :)

As is Battlegroup, of course, but I prefer FH.

Cheers

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:

>If people
>are saying spawning is not realistic after your killed , I say It's a
>game people. in real life your shot you die , game over. But in a game
>you have to respawn.

That's the entire point. People are yelling about realism but only as
long as it suits them. Inconvenient parts of realism like "you're shot,
you're dead and STAY dead" are ignored.

JK'05 aka Elkrider

Colonel_Flagg <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote:

>until you mentioned it, i never once noticed a swastika in the game.

No charge. ;^)

>realism is subjective. my opinion of realism is based not on eye-candy
>but on authentic-era tank models, rate of fire, types of weaponry
>assigned to troops.

You do have the same with BG but they were smart enough to call it
"accuracy" instead of trying the realism flag.

>not like some folks, i understand bugs and bad code. what i have is the
>ability to see the big picture and understand that the folks creating FH
>were doing so from a historians point of view, not so someone can make a
>buck off of their product.

There are still the limitations of the BF engine so any kind of serious
realism is impossible. Take, for example, the german heavy tanks which
were notorious for mechanical failure. No way to implement this in the
mod. Or the problem Panthers had with rotating the turret when standing
tilted sideways, burning engines, breaking transmissions and whatnot.
How about frozen mud clogging and damaging the interleaved wheels of
heavy german tanks? How about early Shermans catching fire? It just
doesn't work, the modders always have to compromise, sometimes down to a
very low point, which frankly has nothing to do with realism.

>the bottom line is, if you're wanting to play a rather historically
>accurate game based on WWII, FH is the best version of BF to play.

I've heard XWW2 is better in that point but I haven't tried any version
of it since...hmmm....don't know, 18 or 20 months. Again the claim of
realism drove me off.

>it doesn't mean i don't want to read and learn about that
>period of time and about nazis. people, as a whole, learn from their
>mistakes and from the accomplishments of others.

Of course. But you don't have to do it in a game. Swastikas and SS runes
in a game accomplish exactly nothing. While they may look authentic they
don't serve any real purpose except pissing some people off and actually
making the game or mod illegal in some countries, like Germany.

>nazis, while it's an
>understatement to say they were the scurge of the earth, are worth
>studying.

That still doesn't have and can't be done in a game.

JK'05 aka Elkrider

Villy Vonka <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

>There might be some imbeciles playing Forgotten Hope, that
>isn't necessarily the fault of the mod itself.

True, every WW2 game or mod attracts people who can't live without using
brainfried nicks. But with FH it's not just them but the fanboys as well
who have a hard time to realize that there's a concept of opinion
pluralism, let alone understand it.

JK'05 aka Elkrider

Malcolm

Villy Vonka wrote:
> Jan Kannemacher wrote
>
>> I reserve the right not to like it, and the abundance of swastikas and
>> other nazi insignia has no small part in it.
>

> I understand that as a German you're probably a little more sensitive to
> Nazi imagery than the rest of us. Fair enough. I can live with it or
> without it, and don't really consider it an issue as long as it is not
> glorifying the Nazi "cause" or Nazi atrocities...
>
>> FH is not realistic, nor is any other mod.
>

> Very true. But its a damn fine Battlefield mod and far superior *in my
> opinion* to the original game :)
>
> As is Battlegroup, of course, but I prefer FH.
>
> Cheers

BG42 is great fun nd what BF1942 should have been I agree.
and better for more causual gaming.
FH is one step beyond and for when you want to get stuck in.
I enjoy playing and experiencing both of these mods.
hopefuly both mods will convert over to BF2,
if BF2 works well enough.
regards [AGB] malcolm