GTX 680 massive FPS drop when recording with FRAPS?

Hi,

Recently, my gigabyte gtx 60 has been giving me massive FPS drops when recording, like going from a solid 100fps, down to like 6 to 8 FPS, I think this is because the gpu might be maxed out, that's why I put it in this category, but I am unsure. I also don't know what it could be, please help or give suggestions!

(I am on the nVidia driver 301.10)

Thanks
Dan
1 answer Last reply
More about massive drop recording fraps
  1. Are you recording gameplay to a hard drive? Because if you're doing that, you are probably being slowed down by hard drive write speeds.

Recording will almost always slow down gameplay somewhat, but drops like that indicate that something else is going on, like a hard drive bottleneck. Probably doesn't have anything to do with your GPU unless you have run into a vram limitation (which is highly, highly unlikely).
  2. BigMack70 said:
    Are you recording gameplay to a hard drive? Because if you're doing that, you are probably being slowed down by hard drive write speeds.

Recording will almost always slow down gameplay somewhat, but drops like that indicate that something else is going on, like a hard drive bottleneck. Probably doesn't have anything to do with your GPU unless you have run into a vram limitation (which is highly, highly unlikely).

Yeah but when I used to record (like 1 week ago) it was fine, no issues. :(
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx FPS Gigabyte Graphics