Anyone here own radeon 7870??

star293

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
If you do, how much fps do you get when you play battlefield3 multiplayer with all max setting on 1920 x 1080 resolution?

My spec is

radeon 7870 (1150 clock speed)
4gb ram ddr3
phenom 980
530w power supply

and I only get 40 average fps... sometimes it goes down to 37 to 38 fps (when there is more objects and explosion).

all the benchmarks in other websites show that 7870 gives 60 fps average in bf3 multiplayer....

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/04/26/sapphire_hd_7870_oc_edition_video_card_review/5

G

Not at all not for games anyways even when i had my phenom 965 be all reviews showed them being neck and neck and the 980 phenom i would imagine is faster then an I7 920,At the very least its probabably a tie.I dont understand how so many consider the phenom II's weak.Infact my buying decision when geting the 965 be was how close it was in performance to the I7 920 at a fraction of the cost

G

Im not sure what the problem is but it deffinetly isnt your cpu not sure why anyone would think that.Maybe whipe your drivers and reinstall.You cpu is still beastly.4 gb of ram is still plenty to you will not see a performance difference with anymore then 4 gb this has been proven its a waste to buy anymore

star293

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
i reinstalled the game and the amd driver but i still get 40 fps average.. do you think my graphic card is defective? other people's radeon 7870 go only upto 60 degree but mine goes up to 70 and it can't even be overclocked to 1200 while other's can do 1250 on stock voltage..

Mine is asus brand.. are asus graphic cards known for having more temp and limited overclock??

G

You are right i guess i mean if you overclock the 920 to the same frequency to the phenoms it will beat them easily however i still dont think it would constitute losing 20 fps in bf 3.I mean the most cpu intensive game i play is arma 2 and i only got a 6 fps increase when going from a 965 be to a i5-2500k stock.the pehenoms are still awesome cpu's and i didnt really notice a huge difference changing cpu's/only when i hit the 4.4-4.5 ghz with my i5 did i see a real difference between that and a stock 965 be.OP are you playing at the exact same settings as in the reviews?One difference could throw your scores out of whack

sk1939

Distinguished

Benchmarks are not indicative of real world performance, especially since they run a proprietary maths-based algorithm to come up with those numbers.