Recommendations for htpc with light gaming or wait for the ceton q

I am looking to build an HTPC for both my TV and light gaming. I would basically be playing games such a strategy games RUSE, sins of a solar Empire, things like that. I think the most I would need is an i5. I would like to be able to rip Blu-ray discs and use it as a DVR. I'm looking at the ceton TV tuner cards and I'm not sure if I should just wait for the ceton q and build a gaming machine separate or what. Any advice is welcome. Recommendation on specifications as well.

Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about recommendations htpc light gaming wait ceton
  1. This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Systems by Tecmo34
  2. In my opinion, the Ceton Q isn't going to offer you anything more that what you're already willing to build (except 6 tuners vs 4). Not to mention 1) We don't know the cost of the Q and 2) We don't know when it's going to be available (though I expect sometime this fall).

I'd say go ahead and build an HTPC with a Ceton InfiniTV4 TV Tuner card installed, but I'm not a big fan of gaming on my HTPC (I have a gaming system and a 27" 1920x1200 monitor for that).

-Wolf sends
  3. Wolfshadw said:
    In my opinion, the Ceton Q isn't going to offer you anything more that what you're already willing to build (except 6 tuners vs 4). Not to mention 1) We don't know the cost of the Q and 2) We don't know when it's going to be available (though I expect sometime this fall).

I'd say go ahead and build an HTPC with a Ceton InfiniTV4 TV Tuner card installed, but I'm not a big fan of gaming on my HTPC (I have a gaming system and a 27" 1920x1200 monitor for that).

-Wolf sends

Yeah... i have a 27'' imac i7 maxed out but im not sure how it will work with games that are meant for windows. i guess i would have to try a dual boot option and see. any thoughts on setups and such for any and all RTS games (R.U.S.E, Starcraft 2, sins of a solar empire?

any recommendations for hardware for htpcs that i could dvr 4 shows with and rip blu ray and dvds with? and if i had to do games with it in case my mac didnt work the way i wanted it to for my rts games.

i am thinking it will be best to do the htpc compared to the ceton q. plus i dont want to wait lol. please recommendations on hardware is welcome.
    cases, bluray drives for ripping and burning, video cards, ram, processor and motherboards for around $500 if possible. i already have a copy of windows to install.
    thanks for the advice so far.

cases i am considering
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112340
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112365
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Light Systems Product