Sign in with
Your question
Closed

HD5830 worked great until suddenly getting 20fps less/lag etc.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 29, 2012 2:57:06 PM

Hi, I've been using my 5830 for a while now and I use to get capped 60 fps on Ultra on World of Warcraft.
I use to run BF3 quite well aswell but now it's all gone to the crapper. I'm now getting lag even on low graphic settings on the MMO as well as sudden lag spikes on BF3 on lowest settings, this is when i use to be able to play both at ultra.

Is this happening because my HDD is getting more and more full? That's the only thing i can think of, stupid I know. I've reinstalled drivers to no success and changed from 32" to 22" TV/Monitor. Still nothing helped.

Any help I can get will be very greatful :) 
April 29, 2012 3:42:45 PM

dubsanta said:
Hi, I've been using my 5830 for a while now and I use to get capped 60 fps on Ultra on World of Warcraft.
I use to run BF3 quite well aswell but now it's all gone to the crapper. I'm now getting lag even on low graphic settings on the MMO as well as sudden lag spikes on BF3 on lowest settings, this is when i use to be able to play both at ultra.

Is this happening because my HDD is getting more and more full? That's the only thing i can think of, stupid I know. I've reinstalled drivers to no success and changed from 32" to 22" TV/Monitor. Still nothing helped.

Any help I can get will be very greatful :) 

hi, iv got exactly the same problem my specs are i5 2500k z68 4gb ram and hd 6870 i can esure its not the hhd ITS THE GAME IT SELF A KNOWN ISSUE I TRIED TO ROLL BACK ON DRIVERS BUT REALLY DID NOT HELP.
May 6, 2012 9:18:08 PM

Bump? I still have this issue, very,very annoying!
Related resources
May 7, 2012 11:06:28 PM

Bumpity bump bump
May 7, 2012 11:57:26 PM

hm this is weird, are your gpu @ stock or over clocked?

I'm not sure if it's the game but I'll try it out after work and see if I get drops on fps
May 16, 2012 7:44:51 PM

Sorry for suuuuuch a long reply but nop not over clocked at all, it happens in all games. Random FPS drops and FPS is at a minimum now, as if i was using a low profile card
!