Is this HD4770 defective

Kopzr

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
For quite some time i've been seeing minor artifacts in some games with this HD4770

I've already ran OCCT and Furmark for about an hour, also ran both windows and boot versions of VMT, 3 passes in 3dmark vantage and nothing at all, its like the card is perfect :heink:

But then, on heaven unigine i was finally able to reproduce the kind of problem this card has, here is the video:

http://youtu.be/Wa77dGvnddc

As you can see the glitch is kinda rare, it required a certain angle and distance for me to record the video. It seems to happen only under certain circunstances when the vram is being fully used (the card has 512MB) - unigine is using 575MB there.

The card runs almost every game without a hitch, it doesn't matter if its a heavy or light game, for example, BF3 shows no artifact at all, World of Warcraft does.

Since the artifacts were so few they didnt use to bother me, but now i've bought a HD6850 and i'm thinking if i should sell this card or if its really defective, and selling it is asking for trouble...

System Specs:
Core i5 2310
ECS-H61H2-M2
2x4GB DDR3 RAM
Zalman z360b-aps

This is my new system, the card also used to show these glitches on my old rig (a C2D).

So, what do you guys think it might be?

Thanks