Status
Not open for further replies.

chewbarney

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
i need to good cooler for my i5 3570k on a MSI Gd 65 MB i don't plan on overclocking because i don't know how but i want a good cooler because i am going to be doing a massive amount of gaming.

i was going to buy an h100 but i don't know because it has gotten a lot of bad reviews

well anyway please help me

Solution
My solution since you are not overclocking is the Hyper 212 EVO/Plus or if money is not a factor at the same price of the H100 get a Noctua DH-14. In essence, the Hyper 212 EVO will satisfy your needs for mere gaming and no overclocking, though you can do a bit of overclocking with the Hyper 212.

My advice to you is only go into water cooling if you acknowledge the risks of leaking and pump noise. Also it would be much better than the H100 to go for a custom water cooler but you are not overclocking. Overclocking will help your performance in video games. Also what are your temperatures at load? Try and download HWmonitor to see your load temps while playing a game. If you tell us that we can even let you know if you really need a...

socialfox

Distinguished
My solution since you are not overclocking is the Hyper 212 EVO/Plus or if money is not a factor at the same price of the H100 get a Noctua DH-14. In essence, the Hyper 212 EVO will satisfy your needs for mere gaming and no overclocking, though you can do a bit of overclocking with the Hyper 212.

My advice to you is only go into water cooling if you acknowledge the risks of leaking and pump noise. Also it would be much better than the H100 to go for a custom water cooler but you are not overclocking. Overclocking will help your performance in video games. Also what are your temperatures at load? Try and download HWmonitor to see your load temps while playing a game. If you tell us that we can even let you know if you really need a cooler. Typically, the stock cooler is enough for stock clocks.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018

Edit: Oh yes, before we talk about anything about coolers what is your computer case model? We need this information to determine what coolers your computer case can house.

- Socialfox :)

Solution

LW_Black4

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
A cooler's job is to keep the cpu within an acceptable temperature range, and there are many coolers that do this well, both air and liquid. The stock coolers tend not to be up to the task of sustained heavy workloads.

Most aftermarket coolers will be suitable for gaming and Corsairs Hydro series have an excellent reputation. I'm using the least expensive version (H40) and it keeps my CPU under 45 degrees C during the most intense and length BF3 multiplayer sessions. I monitor them closely and there are no issues with it.

An H100 would be overkill for that service. Just get a cooler upgrade from stock, install it properly and play to your heart's content!

Status
Not open for further replies.