How good is my new build?

I've just ordered the stuff for my first homebuilt system and i'd like your opinion on my gaming performance (what games i can play at what settings and resolutions) and if you think the stuff for my build was worth it.

I already had a few parts lying around so the parts i needed were:

Motherboard
CPU
PSU (needed new one for the gpu)
GPU
Ram

Motherboard: Foxconn H67MP-V Socket 1155 ATX Motherboard (refurbished) @ £36
CPU: Intel Pentium G840 @ 50.99 from novatech
PSU:Winpower Plus 750w PSU (i know it's not great but it was in my budget)
GPU: HD 4870 512mb (£42 on ebay)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance PC Memory 8GB 2x4GB DDR3 1600mhz

I plan to play games like black ops, need for speed, bf3 ect.

do you guys think this is an OK build for the money?
8 answers Last reply
More about good build
  1. You have some real odd part there, at best you will be able to play on low resolution settings
  2. Could of spent £30 more and got an i3 which would be quite a bit better than the Pentium.
  3. I was thinking of getting the i3, but from what i read online the pentium is enough for now. avenseth12 said i will only be able to play on low resolutions, what would you consider is a low resolution and what graphical setting will i be able to play at on bf3? i was hoping for around medium at 1280 x 1024.
  4. What's your actual budget and sites you want to buy from for the parts you need? I don't trust your Motherboard, PSU, or your GPU for gaming.
  5. The motherboard supports SLI and crossfire and also holds upto 32gb of ram so I presumed would be fine for gaming considering you can’t overclock the sandy bridge pentiums. I got the cheapo psu since my budget was so low, but it is 750w so should survive for now. The graphics card seems fine to me according to benchmarks. And I don’t understand how a motherboard or power supply can possibly affect gaming?

and if you look at my first post it says i've already ordered these items, i just want to know what it will play, at what resolution and what graphics setting. and if the prices were decent.
  6. What is your budget?
  7. azeem40 said:
    What is your budget?

"and if you look at my first post it says i've already ordered these items, i just want to know what it will play, at what resolution and what graphics setting. and if the prices were decent."

my budget was £200
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems