How do you get rid of the little icon on IE that shows that you are
seeking a site. The little one at the upper right hand corner of the
screen on IE and Outlook express. I used to have Road Runner and the
program changed the icon from the windows flag to road runner icon. I
no longer user road runner but still have the icon. How do you change
that icon???
TonySper

Hi,

The following instructions by MVP Kelly shows us how to change the logo (throbber) on the upper
right hand corner. You can use these instructions to change from the road-runner throbber to the
default one.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/throbber.htm

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> How do you get rid of the little icon on IE that shows that you are
> seeking a site. The little one at the upper right hand corner of the
> screen on IE and Outlook express. I used to have Road Runner and the
> program changed the icon from the windows flag to road runner icon. I
> no longer user road runner but still have the icon. How do you change
> that icon???
> TonySper

Thank You Anando
TonySper

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
Hi,

The following instructions by MVP Kelly shows us how to change the
logo (throbber) on the upper
right hand corner. You can use these instructions to change from the
road-runner throbber to the
default one.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/throbber.htm

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> How do you get rid of the little icon on IE that shows that you are
> seeking a site. The little one at the upper right hand corner of the
> screen on IE and Outlook express. I used to have Road Runner and the
> program changed the icon from the windows flag to road runner icon.
> no longer user road runner but still have the icon. How do you
> change
> that icon???
> TonySper

Anando,
I just want to return the throbber back to the original. Any idea of
how to do that??
TonySper

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
Hi,

The following instructions by MVP Kelly shows us how to change the
logo (throbber) on the upper
right hand corner. You can use these instructions to change from the
road-runner throbber to the
default one.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/throbber.htm

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> How do you get rid of the little icon on IE that shows that you are
> seeking a site. The little one at the upper right hand corner of the
> screen on IE and Outlook express. I used to have Road Runner and the
> program changed the icon from the windows flag to road runner icon.
> no longer user road runner but still have the icon. How do you
> change
> that icon???
> TonySper

How to Restore the Animated Internet Explorer Logo:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176713

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> Anando,
> I just want to return the throbber back to the original. Any idea of
> how to do that??
> TonySper
>
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> The following instructions by MVP Kelly shows us how to change the
> logo (throbber) on the upper
> right hand corner. You can use these instructions to change from the
> road-runner throbber to the
> default one.
>
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/throbber.htm
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> How do you get rid of the little icon on IE that shows that you are
>> seeking a site. The little one at the upper right hand corner of the
>> screen on IE and Outlook express. I used to have Road Runner and the
>> program changed the icon from the windows flag to road runner icon.
>> no longer user road runner but still have the icon. How do you
>> change
>> that icon???
>> TonySper

Thanks Ramesh....man you are way to quick :eek:)

OP: I hope that solves your problems.

--

> How to Restore the Animated Internet Explorer Logo:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176713
>

> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Anando,
>> I just want to return the throbber back to the original. Any idea of
>> how to do that??
>> TonySper
>>
>> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> The following instructions by MVP Kelly shows us how to change the
>> logo (throbber) on the upper
>> right hand corner. You can use these instructions to change from the
>> road-runner throbber to the
>> default one.
>>
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/throbber.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>> How do you get rid of the little icon on IE that shows that you are
>>> seeking a site. The little one at the upper right hand corner of the
>>> screen on IE and Outlook express. I used to have Road Runner and the
>>> program changed the icon from the windows flag to road runner icon.
>>> no longer user road runner but still have the icon. How do you
>>> change
>>> that icon???
>>> TonySper

You're Welcome Anando :)

TonySper:

This command resets the logo, IE toolbar wallpaper etc:

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear
-or-
rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,BrandCleanInstallStubs

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> Thanks Ramesh....man you are way to quick :eek:)
>
> OP: I hope that solves your problems.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect

>> How to Restore the Animated Internet Explorer Logo:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176713
>>

>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>> Anando,
>>> I just want to return the throbber back to the original. Any idea of
>>> how to do that??
>>> TonySper
>>>
>>> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> news:uXNedPfFFHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The following instructions by MVP Kelly shows us how to change the
>>> logo (throbber) on the upper
>>> right hand corner. You can use these instructions to change from the
>>> road-runner throbber to the
>>> default one.
>>>
>>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/throbber.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Anando
>>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>> http://www.mvps.org
>>>
>>> Folder customizations
>>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>>
>>> Protect your PC!
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>>

>>> "TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Thanks,
That is exactly what I wanted to know. Right to the point.
TonySper

You're welcome, TonySper.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP