Solved

First Time Graphic Card Install

I'm upgrading my GT520 to a GTX560 and was wondering if i have to uninstall drivers for the gt520 before i install the GTX560. I read some forums with people talking about disabing drivers from the BIOS. I don't want to get anywhere near the BIOS. Don't trust myself with that. If i have to do this is there a way i could do this without touching the more technical stuff. Also would i just install the gtx560 drivers from nvidia.com? Someone give me any tips?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about first time graphic card install
  1. Best answer
    Yes! Everytime you install a new graphics card, remove the old drivers first!

Here is a complete guide if it is your first time:

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1174372
  2. I didn't, I thought all Nvidia cards use the same exact drivers ?
  3. Okay read that very detailed comprehensive thread but was wondering do i uninstall the drivers for the gt520 when the card is in than take it out and put 560 in and than install the 560 or do i install the 560 with the 520 in and than put the 560 in?
  4. Remove the drivers before you remove the 520.
  5. Best answer selected by reconhope.
  6. Some users on here say there shouldn't be a problem with just installing over the top of it in case you can just roll back. are there disadvantages to this? Also i hear some people saying you can just disable the drivers through windows.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards BIOS Drivers Graphics