No power with video card installed

iperson

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
I have the strangest thing happening and I need some help (I found a few questions similar to mine but none of the solutions seem to fit my situation.) Whenever I have a video card connected to PCI-E power (2x6 pin connectors from the PSU) my machine won't post (the fans spin for a split second and then nothing.) I've tested the video card in another machine and can confirm it works. I've also tested the PSU in another machine with 2 radeon 5850s and it works fine so it shouldn't have any trouble powering the single card in the machine that isn't working. The machine will boot without a video card (confirmed by using remote desktop from another machine to remote into the machine.) Nothing looks amiss in the device manager either. If I plug in the video card and don't plug in the power to it the machine will power right up with no video as if there is no card it in it (again confirmed by using remote desktop.) I don't have any non-powered video cards to see if those will work. I also tried putting the other PSU from my other machine (Corsair CMPSU-750TX) in this one and get the same thing. I've also tried putting the video card in all the other PCI-E slots without success. The only thing I can think of is my PCI-E bus is fried on the MB, but I thought I'd ask here for shelling out the $$$ for a new one.

Here's my specs
i7 920 2.66GHz (not OC'd)
12GB triple channel RAM
GA-X58A-UD3R
XFX PRO1000W PSU
XFX ATI Radeon HD7950
80GB Intel SSD for boot drive
Seagate 1.5TB SATA data drive