aspartame

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Hi all

So I put together a simple rig last week using a Gigabyte GA-A55M-DS2 motherboard.

Everything seems to be running great, except the PCI slot, which there is only 1 of (that's all I needed)

I've tried 3 different fully working cards (tested in other PCs with same OS) so I know for sure they work.

I'm using XP SP 3. Problem is, windows detects the cards, I install drivers for them & windows says they're working, however they aren't and there seems to be some sort of communication issue, almost like the PCI slot has a firewall.

Of the 3 cards i've tried 2 were sound cards and while windows says they're working, there's no sound to be had regardless of what I connect to the cards and how. I tried an Ethernet card last night and again, same thing. Windows detects the card, says it's working, however it won't connect to the internet and displays a ""network cable is unplugged" error.

BIOS is updated, not sure what else could be wrong.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated...I'm starting to think the PCI slot is damaged. I also tried 3 different PSUs...same results.