Charge Canon IXUS30 through USB

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 1, 2005 4:17:59 AM

Hi, recently my battery charger for my Canon IXUS 30 just died on me.
The light on it flashes now instead of being steady state and the
battery will not charge. I saw that you can buy replacement charges but
i was wondering is their a prog out their or a way to edit a preference
to allow for the camera to charge thorugh the USB connection it has.

Thanks for your help.

Matt
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 2:49:48 PM

The camera would have to have a built-hardware transformer to chage the
battery this way. I seriously doubt that you could hack the firmware to
allow this.
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 11:14:39 AM

i thought so. thanks.