Sign in with
Your question

So im new to build computers will all of this work

Last response: in Components
October 28, 2012 10:13:27 PM

Yeah so iv decide for Christmas to buy everything and put together a computer with that said im new to all of this so can you check over this list of stuff im going to be getting. I know that ill need to get a graphics card eventually but it can wait a week or two after Christmas, and i also already have a 2tb external hard drive to use so that wont be problem. Um yeah i was also concerned with will that power supply be enough and on top of that will it support my processor and mother board cause in its description on amazon it says supports intel core duo which is not the quad core i had in mine so yeah. Yeah any other comments or concerns would be nice as well can i could of messed everything up with what iv choose and not even know it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lJUz

More about : build computers work

a b ) Power supply
October 28, 2012 10:19:16 PM

All your parts are compatible with each other. Your build uses a mere 222 watts at 100% load (unusual) and capacitor aging at 10% which means it is fairly new. That being said I commend you for choosing good component brands. Your CPU is compatible with your motherboard if you would like to check yourself here is the compatibility list:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B75%20Pro3-M/?cat=CPU
m
l
October 28, 2012 10:24:09 PM

Well thanks for that cause iv been stressing something awful making sure i dont order all this and end up having one part of it not work and end up waiting up to like 3 weeks to use it
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
October 28, 2012 10:31:19 PM

Hey don't stress out too much, that's what you have us for. If you ever need help out and don't have the time for a thread drop a private message to me. Also have you considered anything about your discrete video card yet? I also take this is a gift to a friend? If you are building a normal pc just used for daily tasks I would say 4gb of ram is enough. If it will be used for a bit of gaming then 8gb is enough. And any of that fancy smancy editing and photoshop or those fancy design software stuff I would recommend 16gb of ram.

- Socialfox :) 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 28, 2012 10:37:39 PM

Just to let you know if you do go with the power supply Samuel has posted you must use an existing power cord or buy another since this is a part of Antec's GREEN series and they would like to be green by encouraging users to re-use power cords.
m
l
October 28, 2012 10:39:58 PM

Nope this is completely all for me like im having my parents order the motherboard and processor and I'm buying everything else and I only got so much money so yeah. As far as what im using it for i plan using it for video editing and i mean like alot on a normal day i want to be able to render like three 15-20 minute videos for youtube and i know ill need a good graphics card to be able to play and record computer games but for the first few weeks its just going to be xbox games. Then probably a month or so ill end up getting a graphics card and honestly i dont want to spend any more then 250 on it and i want it to be crossfire capable so if you know a good one maybe you can suggest that. In addition to that i plan on maxing it out to the 32gb ram as soon as possible as well
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 28, 2012 10:50:11 PM

Okay, I would say for video editing based on your needs would need around 8gb-12gb. I know no programs that utilize all 32 gb of ram, so it is a bit of a waste. I mean if you want go for 16gb of ram and then use the remaining money for adding on to a good video card. Personally, I prefer to buy a single powerful graphics card rather than cross firing weaker cards. This in return results in less heat. I say a single HD 7870 is very good for gaming.
m
l
October 28, 2012 10:57:10 PM

well that works for me thanks for the help ill be sure to message you with any more questions
m
l
!