PC not booting.

ar1s3

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
My main problem is getting my PC to boot but I did put other questions in parenthesis. If you can answer those too, it would help me in the future.

My brothers PC always had a faulty video card. It works but would heat up quickly causing the system to crash after gaming for a few minutes. Recently the crashes are becoming more frequent with less time between each one. I decided to take out the video card. I tested the video card on another system and found out it was completely dead. (Can that happen? Instantly dying after I take it out?). Then PC would not boot. I took out the RAM and the motherboard beeped indicating RAM was missing (This means the mobo works right?). Power is going to all the fans, LEDs and usb slots so the PSU seems like its good too(right?). (I don't know how to tell if the CPU working). Also the onboard graphics is not working as well, I've tried different VGA cables and monitors.

Please help. :??:

socialfox

Distinguished
Try taking the motherboard battery out and putting it back in. You may have set in the bios for the primary video to be PCI-E and now your running it with onboard. It is possible for it to die out if it was already on its last feet. Were you standing on carpet or anything like that when you were taking it out?