Low FPS on games like SC2, LoL w/ GTX 460

arcticking

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
All of a sudden, after I restarted my computer i'm getting really low fps in games I play like League of Legends and Starcraft 2.

I have updated all my drivers, wiped my hard drive and done a clean install of W7, and attempted to defrag my hard drive though questionably it says 0% fragmented.
I'm a little suspicious it's my HDD and not my CPU or GPU, though I have no idea how to figure out the issue.

Gigabyte GTX460 (Updated driver)
AMD Phenom II 955 BE @ Stock
2x2GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM
1TB Seagate HDD
Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 Rev 2.0 (Updated bios)

I'm capturing my FPS with Fraps, and it says that on League of Legends my fps is around 10-20 on very high settings when normally it's been 58+.

Can someone help me figure this out please? Are there any tests I can run that won't take days or many hours?

It's extremely unlikely to be your hard drive, I don't think the speed of your drive will ever affect FPS in games. It might be your new graphics driver. Maybe try an older driver. Updating your motherboard BIOS may have caused the issue too, you're not really meant to update it unless you're having some kind of problem. Possibly try your older BIOS as well if possible.