Final thoughts on first build?

Hey I'm getting ready to order my first computer. Will these parts all work together? And assemble properly when I try and put it together?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about final thoughts build
  1. Looks pretty good, but I'd switch to a PSU with four PCIe power connectors so that you can go SLI in the future.
    If you want to save a little money, switch to an ASRock Z77 Extreme4.
    Update: +1 7200rpm.
  2. Best answer
    Get a 7200 rpm HDD as 5400 will bottleneck the OS. Newegg sells those for cheaper.
  3. All of your parts are compatible and assembly should be fairly easy. Watch lots of how to videos.
    Enjoy your build
  4. azeem40 said:
    Get a 7200 rpm HDD as 5400 will bottleneck the OS. Newegg sells those for cheaper.

They still make 5400 rpm HDD's? I didn't even catch that...
  5. Caviar Green = 5400 rpm, so yes they do. :P

Caviar Green is only good for storage.
  6. Get a 7200 RPM HDD and a 3.5" should be cheaper. (Is there a reason you chose a laptop HDD?) 7200 RPM is pretty much a standard now and it makes a difference for hardly any more. I personally bought a used 1TB 7200 rpm REFURBISHED HDD for $75 on newegg, if you want to go that route. The PSU looks fine but just make sure the load is dispersed across both rails. I have to mention the "Ivy Bridge is newer", but honestly, I really don't see any reason to go with either over the other. But looks great other than the Hard Drive.
  7. You have a Z77 motherboard yet have a 2500k Core I-5.

I suggest you spend the $10 extra to get the ivy bridge 3570k Core I-5.
  8. So it seems like the general consensus is 7200 rpm. So is it good to go now?
  9. It's better, but Caviar Blacks are expensive right now.
  10. Best answer selected by bryce6622.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Computer Systems Product