Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

First pc build(compatibility check)

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 24, 2012 2:20:38 AM

hey guys i was planning a new gaming pc build for the next few months and i was wondering if someone culd tell me if these parts are compatible

cpu: Intel i5-2500K Core i5 Processor, 3.3GHz, LGA1155

gpu: ASUS ATI HD7870 DirectCU II PCI-E 3.0

mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H LGA1155 Intel Z77 Chipset ATX

ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2x4GB) 1333MHz

HDD: AlphaCity Deals: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM 32MB SATA3

psu: FSP Aurum Series PSU, 80PLUS Gold, 120mm Fan, 600W Max Power

case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I full Tower Case, Black

thanks
June 24, 2012 2:26:25 AM

For $100 less, get the 7850. It OCs to 1kHz easily and matches gtx 580.
m
0
l

Best solution

June 24, 2012 5:07:30 AM

jrunv said:
hey guys i was planning a new gaming pc build for the next few months and i was wondering if someone culd tell me if these parts are compatible

cpu: Intel i5-2500K Core i5 Processor, 3.3GHz, LGA1155

mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H LGA1155 Intel Z77 Chipset ATX

Either get the i5-3570K to match the z77 motherboard or just get a Z68 if you want the i5-2500K more.
Share
Related resources
June 24, 2012 9:55:25 AM

is it worth getting ivy brigde i heard that when over clocking the temps are a bit high
m
0
l
June 24, 2012 10:03:16 AM

jrunv said:
is it worth getting ivy brigde i heard that when over clocking the temps are a bit high

Yes it is true. the selection between ivy & sandy depends on your overclocking plan. If you want to OC hard, get the Sandy Bridge + Z68 or P67 motherboard. But if you value power efficiency & plans on moderate OC'ing & PCIe 3.0 (not that it matters today), then Ivy + Z77 it is.
m
0
l
June 24, 2012 10:06:50 AM

azeem40 said:
For $100 less, get the 7850. It OCs to 1kHz easily and matches gtx 580.


are there any nvidia cards worth looking at for about the same price
m
0
l
June 24, 2012 10:08:34 AM

randomkid said:
Yes it is true. the selection between ivy & sandy depends on your overclocking plan. If you want to OC hard, get the Sandy Bridge + Z68 or P67 motherboard. But if you value power efficiency & plans on moderate OC'ing & PCIe 3.0 (not that it matters today), then Ivy + Z77 it is.


do you think its worth waiting for intel to release their "tock" version of ivy bridge
m
0
l
June 24, 2012 10:18:17 AM

The ivy bridge is the "tock" of the sandy. So the next one coming is a "tick", i.e the Haswell which comes on March - June 2013... I think 1 year is too long to wait but fortunately, I am not the one in need. You are... :) 
m
0
l
June 25, 2012 1:20:32 AM

randomkid said:
The ivy bridge is the "tock" of the sandy. So the next one coming is a "tick", i.e the Haswell which comes on March - June 2013... I think 1 year is too long to wait but fortunately, I am not the one in need. You are... :) 


ohh ok then i think i will settle for sandybrigde oas ivy bridge is not neccessary for gaming
m
0
l
June 25, 2012 1:21:59 AM

Best answer selected by jrunv.
m
0
l
!