Buy GTX 680 or keep 560 SLI

pezonator

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Hi all

I find myself in a spot of bother and I'm really unsure what to do.

The lowdown is that I have 2 x Gigabyte GTX 560ti SoC 1GB (900Mhz) in SLI. The rest of my pc is in my sig and I have ordered an i5 3570k and Hyper 212 EVO which should arrive Tomorrow (fingers super crossed).

I've always been the kind of person that loves playing at Ultra detail everything whilst maintaining good FPS. I plan on purchasing BF3 shortly and will play other upcoming games like Dragon Age 2 and Crysis 3, also some Starcraft 2 and many others. The point is, I'm on the fence about if I should sell 1 of my 560's (or both) and pay in the extra bit and get a GTX 680? I do have a GTX 260 laying around if I need for physx. I'm certain I could get at least $150 each for the 560's. (I'm in Australia, cheapest 680 is $600)

I game on a Sony EX720 32inch LCD 1080P TV and will never go back to a pc monitor and I have no intention of adding extra monitors. I don't think I notice micro-stuttering but as games get better, this may become an issue if the video cards are struggling. The adaptive vsync looks very interesting and not to mention, less power and less noise, less hassle of the 680.

Thanks for taking time to reply :)

seeing as availability on the 680 is still pretty bad, I'd still buy it if you see one available at the regular price ($500). chances are you'll get your new CPU and BF3 before then tho, in which case you'll get to test out your 560s regardless of what you decide :)