Saitek ST290Pro

Last response: in Video Games
February 27, 2005 12:19:18 PM

I just bought a Saitek ST290 Pro joystick. When trying to set it up in the
game, it doesn't seem to know it's there. The joystick is setup and
calibrated in Windows Control Panel. Any ideas?

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Visit the [FLOT] Spearhead Servers

More about : saitek st290pro

February 27, 2005 6:46:48 PM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:19:18 -0500, Andy in NJ <SHORECOGS at COMCAST DOT
NET> wrote:

> I just bought a Saitek ST290 Pro joystick. When trying to set it up in
> the
> game, it doesn't seem to know it's there. The joystick is setup and
> calibrated in Windows Control Panel. Any ideas?

No, but I have the same one and it works with my XP (no sp...s)

The only problem I have with this stick is, that it suddenly (after 2/3
months) started with a strange feeling like it "locks" mechanically
(virtual force-feedback??) and than, the calibration is gone and I have to
calibrate to get it right and it will work fine until next time. Could be
few hours or weeks...... (familiar to any other Saitek users??? )

Bonobo

--
DutchDareDevil
February 27, 2005 7:02:11 PM

"Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message

> "Bonobo" <news.wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>
> It has to be the lowest Joystick Id (0 or 1, I forget)

Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck :(

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Visit the [FLOT] Spearhead Servers
14 slot modded stock maps: 66.55.134.103
18 slot Single Player map conversions: 64.237.43.196
www.flotserver.net
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 9:01:28 PM

<jKCdnebUze9xS7zfRVn-hg@comcast.com>, "Andy in NJ" <SHORECOGS at COMCAST DOT
NET> said...
> I just bought a Saitek ST290 Pro joystick. When trying to set it up in the
> game, it doesn't seem to know it's there. The joystick is setup and
> calibrated in Windows Control Panel. Any ideas?

You know you have to assign the buttons manually in the controls-menu?

Just asking.
--
Lansenerd
www.agbgaming.com

"Lansenerd" <lansenerd@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> You know you have to assign the buttons manually in the controls-menu?
>
> Just asking.
> --
> Lansenerd

Yep, but with the Saitek, it doesn't work. I took it back and I'm going to
get a MS Sidewinder instead.
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 6:19:38 AM

In article <opsmu10ag4absjsi@h-l.lan>, Bonobo <news.wanadoo.nl> says...
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:19:18 -0500, Andy in NJ <SHORECOGS at COMCAST DOT
> NET> wrote:
>
> > I just bought a Saitek ST290 Pro joystick. When trying to set it up in
> > the
> > game, it doesn't seem to know it's there. The joystick is setup and
> > calibrated in Windows Control Panel. Any ideas?
> >

> No, but I have the same one and it works with my XP (no sp...s)
>
> The only problem I have with this stick is, that it suddenly (after 2/3
> months) started with a strange feeling like it "locks" mechanically
> (virtual force-feedback??) and than, the calibration is gone and I have to
> calibrate to get it right and it will work fine until next time. Could be
> few hours or weeks...... (familiar to any other Saitek users??? )
>

> Bonobo

i replaced an older wingman 3d with a saitek, wound up replacing it just
last month with a logitech 3d extreme. the 3dex was about 3/4ths the
price of the saitek but is in my opinion a better stick.

i'll not purchase another saitek.

/CF
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 11:37:27 AM

"Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
message news:MPG.1c8c9e1921b123329896f6@nntp.charter.net...
> i replaced an older wingman 3d with a saitek, wound up replacing it just
> last month with a logitech 3d extreme. the 3dex was about 3/4ths the
> price of the saitek but is in my opinion a better stick.
>
> i'll not purchase another saitek.

From what I read on the net, the Saitek wasn't a good choice because of
compatability problems. I returned it yesterday and now I'm looking for an
MS Sidewinder. I read a lot of bad reports about the Logitech products. It
seems a common opinion that their joysticks are made cheaply and have a
tendancy of breaking easily.

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Visit the [FLOT] Spearhead Servers
14 slot modded stock maps: 66.55.134.103
18 slot Single Player map conversions: 64.237.43.196
www.flotserver.net
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 7:27:22 PM

In article <xqOdneiXxdUHg77fRVn-jg@comcast.com>, "Andy in NJ" <SHORECOGS
at COMCAST DOT NET> says...
> "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
> message news:MPG.1c8c9e1921b123329896f6@nntp.charter.net...
> > i replaced an older wingman 3d with a saitek, wound up replacing it just
> > last month with a logitech 3d extreme. the 3dex was about 3/4ths the
> > price of the saitek but is in my opinion a better stick.
> >
> > i'll not purchase another saitek.
>
> From what I read on the net, the Saitek wasn't a good choice because of
> compatability problems. I returned it yesterday and now I'm looking for an
> MS Sidewinder. I read a lot of bad reports about the Logitech products. It
> seems a common opinion that their joysticks are made cheaply and have a
> tendancy of breaking easily.

perhaps, but the control i have with this one is exceptional. i've been
a pretty good pilot for awhile now. this new joystick has improved on
that.

for instance, on Lost Village, I can now, full throttle, fly one of the
small helos through the city streets, between buildings, under the power
lines..... WIDE OPEN, with no stability problems at all.

/CF
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 1:20:18 PM

Colonel_Flagg wrote:
> In article <xqOdneiXxdUHg77fRVn-jg@comcast.com>, "Andy in NJ" <SHORECOGS
> at COMCAST DOT NET> says...
>
>>"Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
>>message news:MPG.1c8c9e1921b123329896f6@nntp.charter.net...
>>
>>>i replaced an older wingman 3d with a saitek, wound up replacing it just
>>>last month with a logitech 3d extreme. the 3dex was about 3/4ths the
>>>price of the saitek but is in my opinion a better stick.
>>>
>>>i'll not purchase another saitek.
>>
>>From what I read on the net, the Saitek wasn't a good choice because of
>>compatability problems. I returned it yesterday and now I'm looking for an
>>MS Sidewinder. I read a lot of bad reports about the Logitech products. It
>>seems a common opinion that their joysticks are made cheaply and have a
>>tendancy of breaking easily.
>>
> perhaps, but the control i have with this one is exceptional. i've been
> a pretty good pilot for awhile now. this new joystick has improved on
> that.
>
> for instance, on Lost Village, I can now, full throttle, fly one of the
> small helos through the city streets, between buildings, under the power
> lines..... WIDE OPEN, with no stability problems at all.

I have used the same Saitek joystick for 2 years now. It still works
perfectly, it is very responsive, and has a nice quality feel. For me,
it works better than the alternatives (Sidewinder et al has too much of
a loose plastic feel for my taste). And it is not even that expensive.

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 1:20:19 PM

"Achtung Ecco" <nospam@nospam.no> wrote in message
> I have used the same Saitek joystick for 2 years now. It still works
> perfectly, it is very responsive, and has a nice quality feel. For me, it
> works better than the alternatives (Sidewinder et al has too much of a
> loose plastic feel for my taste). And it is not even that expensive.

I'm just curious how you got it to work with BF1942. After setting it up on
the computer, I started BF1942 and tried to program the different joystick
buttons, movements, etc... and the game didn't respond to the stick. When I
started searching on the net I found almost nothing good about the joysticks
when used with BF1942. The only stick that seemed to have consistantly good
things said about it was the MS Sidewinder.

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Visit the [FLOT] Spearhead Servers
14 slot modded stock maps: 66.55.134.103
18 slot Single Player map conversions: 64.237.43.196
www.flotserver.net
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 6:14:11 PM

Colonel_Flagg wrote:
> In article <xqOdneiXxdUHg77fRVn-jg@comcast.com>, "Andy in NJ" <SHORECOGS
> at COMCAST DOT NET> says...
>
>>"Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
>>message news:MPG.1c8c9e1921b123329896f6@nntp.charter.net...
>>
>>>i replaced an older wingman 3d with a saitek, wound up replacing it just
>>>last month with a logitech 3d extreme. the 3dex was about 3/4ths the
>>>price of the saitek but is in my opinion a better stick.
>>>
>>>i'll not purchase another saitek.
>>
>>From what I read on the net, the Saitek wasn't a good choice because of
>>compatability problems. I returned it yesterday and now I'm looking for an
>>MS Sidewinder. I read a lot of bad reports about the Logitech products. It
>>seems a common opinion that their joysticks are made cheaply and have a
>>tendancy of breaking easily.
>>

> perhaps, but the control i have with this one is exceptional. i've been
> a pretty good pilot for awhile now. this new joystick has improved on
> that.
>
> for instance, on Lost Village, I can now, full throttle, fly one of the
> small helos through the city streets, between buildings, under the power
> lines..... WIDE OPEN, with no stability problems at all.

Woah, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro but I can't seem to configure the
throttle so that I can LAND helos!

Do you mind telling me your settings?

--
Ash Ellis
Anonymous

In article <422a6774$1@clear.net.nz>, clubman@wave.co.nz says...
> Colonel_Flagg wrote:
> > In article <xqOdneiXxdUHg77fRVn-jg@comcast.com>, "Andy in NJ" <SHORECOGS
> > at COMCAST DOT NET> says...
> >
> >>"Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
> >>message news:MPG.1c8c9e1921b123329896f6@nntp.charter.net...

> >>From what I read on the net, the Saitek wasn't a good choice because of
> >>compatability problems. I returned it yesterday and now I'm looking for an
> >>MS Sidewinder. I read a lot of bad reports about the Logitech products. It
> >>seems a common opinion that their joysticks are made cheaply and have a
> >>tendancy of breaking easily.
> >>

> > perhaps, but the control i have with this one is exceptional. i've been
> > a pretty good pilot for awhile now. this new joystick has improved on
> > that.
> >
> > for instance, on Lost Village, I can now, full throttle, fly one of the
> > small helos through the city streets, between buildings, under the power
> > lines..... WIDE OPEN, with no stability problems at all.
> >
> Woah, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro but I can't seem to configure the
> throttle so that I can LAND helos!
>
> Do you mind telling me your settings?
>
> --
> Ash Ellis

I don't use the throttle for helos, I prefer, whether it's with this JS
or any other, to use the keyboard for throttle control when flying a
helo. Left hand, actually, middle finger on the "W" button, throttle on
JS is all the way down.

Check out my latest movie, taken tonight on Dust Bowl (check out "Death
from Above":

http://bf1942.internetwarzone.org/staticpages/index.php...
20050305081428122

/CF
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 1:39:53 AM

Andy in NJ wrote:
> "Achtung Ecco" <nospam@nospam.no> wrote in message
>
>>I have used the same Saitek joystick for 2 years now. It still works
>>perfectly, it is very responsive, and has a nice quality feel. For me, it
>>works better than the alternatives (Sidewinder et al has too much of a
>>loose plastic feel for my taste). And it is not even that expensive.
>

> I'm just curious how you got it to work with BF1942. After setting it up on
> the computer, I started BF1942 and tried to program the different joystick
> buttons, movements, etc... and the game didn't respond to the stick. When I
> started searching on the net I found almost nothing good about the joysticks
> when used with BF1942. The only stick that seemed to have consistantly good
> things said about it was the MS Sidewinder.

It is a Saitek Cyborg 3D (the full name I think). I just plugged it in,
and used the standard Windows XP drivers. Did a single calibration, and
that's it. Good luck, joysticks seem to be temperemental from time to time.

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 2:46:31 AM

"Achtung Ecco" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message
news:D 0ft9p$18ri$1@news.cybercity.dk...
> It is a Saitek Cyborg 3D (the full name I think). I just plugged it in,
> and used the standard Windows XP drivers. Did a single calibration, and
> that's it. Good luck, joysticks seem to be temperemental from time to
> time.

Oh, when you said that you used the "same Saitek joystick for 2 years" I
thought you meant you used the same Saitek joystick that I posted about :)

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Visit the [FLOT] Spearhead Servers
14 slot modded stock maps: 66.55.134.103
18 slot Single Player map conversions: 64.237.43.196
www.flotserver.net
April 28, 2009 11:07:12 PM

True Alas, so true!!
It has it's problems. I'm still waiting for it to download when plugged into the usb port. Will use the Windows Panel advise.
Anonymous
July 29, 2009 9:06:07 PM

The Thing is a piece of *** will never buy another saitek anything.. worked off and on for 3 months after i bought it and now dont work at all ..waste on money
!