Saitek ST290Pro

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

I just bought a Saitek ST290 Pro joystick. When trying to set it up in the
game, it doesn't seem to know it's there. The joystick is setup and
calibrated in Windows Control Panel. Any ideas?

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Visit the [FLOT] Spearhead Servers
14 slot modded stock maps: 66.55.134.103
18 slot Single Player map conversions: 64.237.43.196
www.flotserver.net
16 answers Last reply
More about saitek st290pro
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:19:18 -0500, Andy in NJ <SHORECOGS at COMCAST DOT
    NET> wrote:

    > I just bought a Saitek ST290 Pro joystick. When trying to set it up in
    > the
    > game, it doesn't seem to know it's there. The joystick is setup and
    > calibrated in Windows Control Panel. Any ideas?
    >

    No, but I have the same one and it works with my XP (no sp...s)

    The only problem I have with this stick is, that it suddenly (after 2/3
    months) started with a strange feeling like it "locks" mechanically
    (virtual force-feedback??) and than, the calibration is gone and I have to
    calibrate to get it right and it will work fine until next time. Could be
    few hours or weeks...... (familiar to any other Saitek users??? )


    Bonobo

    --
    DutchDareDevil
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Bonobo" <news.wanadoo.nl> wrote in message

    It has to be the lowest Joystick Id (0 or 1, I forget)

    Try this utility to change Ids
    http://www.wingmanteam.com/files/Tools/JoyIDs/JoyIDsInstall.exe

    Lorian.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message
    news:1109520117.29945.0@despina.uk.clara.net...
    >
    > "Bonobo" <news.wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
    >
    > It has to be the lowest Joystick Id (0 or 1, I forget)

    Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck :(

    --
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit the [FLOT] Spearhead Servers
    14 slot modded stock maps: 66.55.134.103
    18 slot Single Player map conversions: 64.237.43.196
    www.flotserver.net
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    <jKCdnebUze9xS7zfRVn-hg@comcast.com>, "Andy in NJ" <SHORECOGS at COMCAST DOT
    NET> said...
    > I just bought a Saitek ST290 Pro joystick. When trying to set it up in the
    > game, it doesn't seem to know it's there. The joystick is setup and
    > calibrated in Windows Control Panel. Any ideas?
    >
    >
    You know you have to assign the buttons manually in the controls-menu?

    Just asking.
    --
    Lansenerd
    www.agbgaming.com
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Lansenerd" <lansenerd@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    news:MPG.1c8c1b52dcd5497f9896b0@news.online.no...
    > You know you have to assign the buttons manually in the controls-menu?
    >
    > Just asking.
    > --
    > Lansenerd

    Yep, but with the Saitek, it doesn't work. I took it back and I'm going to
    get a MS Sidewinder instead.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <opsmu10ag4absjsi@h-l.lan>, Bonobo <news.wanadoo.nl> says...
    > On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:19:18 -0500, Andy in NJ <SHORECOGS at COMCAST DOT
    > NET> wrote:
    >
    > > I just bought a Saitek ST290 Pro joystick. When trying to set it up in
    > > the
    > > game, it doesn't seem to know it's there. The joystick is setup and
    > > calibrated in Windows Control Panel. Any ideas?
    > >
    >
    > No, but I have the same one and it works with my XP (no sp...s)
    >
    > The only problem I have with this stick is, that it suddenly (after 2/3
    > months) started with a strange feeling like it "locks" mechanically
    > (virtual force-feedback??) and than, the calibration is gone and I have to
    > calibrate to get it right and it will work fine until next time. Could be
    > few hours or weeks...... (familiar to any other Saitek users??? )
    >
    >
    > Bonobo
    >
    >


    i replaced an older wingman 3d with a saitek, wound up replacing it just
    last month with a logitech 3d extreme. the 3dex was about 3/4ths the
    price of the saitek but is in my opinion a better stick.

    i'll not purchase another saitek.


    /CF
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    message news:MPG.1c8c9e1921b123329896f6@nntp.charter.net...
    > i replaced an older wingman 3d with a saitek, wound up replacing it just
    > last month with a logitech 3d extreme. the 3dex was about 3/4ths the
    > price of the saitek but is in my opinion a better stick.
    >
    > i'll not purchase another saitek.

    From what I read on the net, the Saitek wasn't a good choice because of
    compatability problems. I returned it yesterday and now I'm looking for an
    MS Sidewinder. I read a lot of bad reports about the Logitech products. It
    seems a common opinion that their joysticks are made cheaply and have a
    tendancy of breaking easily.

    --
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit the [FLOT] Spearhead Servers
    14 slot modded stock maps: 66.55.134.103
    18 slot Single Player map conversions: 64.237.43.196
    www.flotserver.net
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <xqOdneiXxdUHg77fRVn-jg@comcast.com>, "Andy in NJ" <SHORECOGS
    at COMCAST DOT NET> says...
    > "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    > message news:MPG.1c8c9e1921b123329896f6@nntp.charter.net...
    > > i replaced an older wingman 3d with a saitek, wound up replacing it just
    > > last month with a logitech 3d extreme. the 3dex was about 3/4ths the
    > > price of the saitek but is in my opinion a better stick.
    > >
    > > i'll not purchase another saitek.
    >
    > From what I read on the net, the Saitek wasn't a good choice because of
    > compatability problems. I returned it yesterday and now I'm looking for an
    > MS Sidewinder. I read a lot of bad reports about the Logitech products. It
    > seems a common opinion that their joysticks are made cheaply and have a
    > tendancy of breaking easily.
    >
    >


    perhaps, but the control i have with this one is exceptional. i've been
    a pretty good pilot for awhile now. this new joystick has improved on
    that.

    for instance, on Lost Village, I can now, full throttle, fly one of the
    small helos through the city streets, between buildings, under the power
    lines..... WIDE OPEN, with no stability problems at all.


    /CF
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Colonel_Flagg wrote:
    > In article <xqOdneiXxdUHg77fRVn-jg@comcast.com>, "Andy in NJ" <SHORECOGS
    > at COMCAST DOT NET> says...
    >
    >>"Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    >>message news:MPG.1c8c9e1921b123329896f6@nntp.charter.net...
    >>
    >>>i replaced an older wingman 3d with a saitek, wound up replacing it just
    >>>last month with a logitech 3d extreme. the 3dex was about 3/4ths the
    >>>price of the saitek but is in my opinion a better stick.
    >>>
    >>>i'll not purchase another saitek.
    >>
    >>From what I read on the net, the Saitek wasn't a good choice because of
    >>compatability problems. I returned it yesterday and now I'm looking for an
    >>MS Sidewinder. I read a lot of bad reports about the Logitech products. It
    >>seems a common opinion that their joysticks are made cheaply and have a
    >>tendancy of breaking easily.
    >>
    > perhaps, but the control i have with this one is exceptional. i've been
    > a pretty good pilot for awhile now. this new joystick has improved on
    > that.
    >
    > for instance, on Lost Village, I can now, full throttle, fly one of the
    > small helos through the city streets, between buildings, under the power
    > lines..... WIDE OPEN, with no stability problems at all.

    I have used the same Saitek joystick for 2 years now. It still works
    perfectly, it is very responsive, and has a nice quality feel. For me,
    it works better than the alternatives (Sidewinder et al has too much of
    a loose plastic feel for my taste). And it is not even that expensive.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Achtung Ecco" <nospam@nospam.no> wrote in message
    news:42282853$0$48678$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk...
    > I have used the same Saitek joystick for 2 years now. It still works
    > perfectly, it is very responsive, and has a nice quality feel. For me, it
    > works better than the alternatives (Sidewinder et al has too much of a
    > loose plastic feel for my taste). And it is not even that expensive.

    I'm just curious how you got it to work with BF1942. After setting it up on
    the computer, I started BF1942 and tried to program the different joystick
    buttons, movements, etc... and the game didn't respond to the stick. When I
    started searching on the net I found almost nothing good about the joysticks
    when used with BF1942. The only stick that seemed to have consistantly good
    things said about it was the MS Sidewinder.

    --
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit the [FLOT] Spearhead Servers
    14 slot modded stock maps: 66.55.134.103
    18 slot Single Player map conversions: 64.237.43.196
    www.flotserver.net
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Colonel_Flagg wrote:
    > In article <xqOdneiXxdUHg77fRVn-jg@comcast.com>, "Andy in NJ" <SHORECOGS
    > at COMCAST DOT NET> says...
    >
    >>"Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    >>message news:MPG.1c8c9e1921b123329896f6@nntp.charter.net...
    >>
    >>>i replaced an older wingman 3d with a saitek, wound up replacing it just
    >>>last month with a logitech 3d extreme. the 3dex was about 3/4ths the
    >>>price of the saitek but is in my opinion a better stick.
    >>>
    >>>i'll not purchase another saitek.
    >>
    >>From what I read on the net, the Saitek wasn't a good choice because of
    >>compatability problems. I returned it yesterday and now I'm looking for an
    >>MS Sidewinder. I read a lot of bad reports about the Logitech products. It
    >>seems a common opinion that their joysticks are made cheaply and have a
    >>tendancy of breaking easily.
    >>
    >>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > perhaps, but the control i have with this one is exceptional. i've been
    > a pretty good pilot for awhile now. this new joystick has improved on
    > that.
    >
    > for instance, on Lost Village, I can now, full throttle, fly one of the
    > small helos through the city streets, between buildings, under the power
    > lines..... WIDE OPEN, with no stability problems at all.
    >
    Woah, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro but I can't seem to configure the
    throttle so that I can LAND helos!

    Do you mind telling me your settings?

    --
    Ash Ellis
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <422a6774$1@clear.net.nz>, clubman@wave.co.nz says...
    > Colonel_Flagg wrote:
    > > In article <xqOdneiXxdUHg77fRVn-jg@comcast.com>, "Andy in NJ" <SHORECOGS
    > > at COMCAST DOT NET> says...
    > >
    > >>"Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    > >>message news:MPG.1c8c9e1921b123329896f6@nntp.charter.net...
    > >>
    > >>>i replaced an older wingman 3d with a saitek, wound up replacing it just
    > >>>last month with a logitech 3d extreme. the 3dex was about 3/4ths the
    > >>>price of the saitek but is in my opinion a better stick.
    > >>>
    > >>>i'll not purchase another saitek.
    > >>
    > >>From what I read on the net, the Saitek wasn't a good choice because of
    > >>compatability problems. I returned it yesterday and now I'm looking for an
    > >>MS Sidewinder. I read a lot of bad reports about the Logitech products. It
    > >>seems a common opinion that their joysticks are made cheaply and have a
    > >>tendancy of breaking easily.
    > >>
    > >>
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > perhaps, but the control i have with this one is exceptional. i've been
    > > a pretty good pilot for awhile now. this new joystick has improved on
    > > that.
    > >
    > > for instance, on Lost Village, I can now, full throttle, fly one of the
    > > small helos through the city streets, between buildings, under the power
    > > lines..... WIDE OPEN, with no stability problems at all.
    > >
    > Woah, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro but I can't seem to configure the
    > throttle so that I can LAND helos!
    >
    > Do you mind telling me your settings?
    >
    > --
    > Ash Ellis
    >


    I don't use the throttle for helos, I prefer, whether it's with this JS
    or any other, to use the keyboard for throttle control when flying a
    helo. Left hand, actually, middle finger on the "W" button, throttle on
    JS is all the way down.

    Check out my latest movie, taken tonight on Dust Bowl (check out "Death
    from Above":

    http://bf1942.internetwarzone.org/staticpages/index.php?page=
    20050305081428122


    /CF
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Andy in NJ wrote:
    > "Achtung Ecco" <nospam@nospam.no> wrote in message
    > news:42282853$0$48678$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk...
    >
    >>I have used the same Saitek joystick for 2 years now. It still works
    >>perfectly, it is very responsive, and has a nice quality feel. For me, it
    >>works better than the alternatives (Sidewinder et al has too much of a
    >>loose plastic feel for my taste). And it is not even that expensive.
    >
    >
    > I'm just curious how you got it to work with BF1942. After setting it up on
    > the computer, I started BF1942 and tried to program the different joystick
    > buttons, movements, etc... and the game didn't respond to the stick. When I
    > started searching on the net I found almost nothing good about the joysticks
    > when used with BF1942. The only stick that seemed to have consistantly good
    > things said about it was the MS Sidewinder.

    It is a Saitek Cyborg 3D (the full name I think). I just plugged it in,
    and used the standard Windows XP drivers. Did a single calibration, and
    that's it. Good luck, joysticks seem to be temperemental from time to time.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Achtung Ecco" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message
    news:d0ft9p$18ri$1@news.cybercity.dk...
    > It is a Saitek Cyborg 3D (the full name I think). I just plugged it in,
    > and used the standard Windows XP drivers. Did a single calibration, and
    > that's it. Good luck, joysticks seem to be temperemental from time to
    > time.

    Oh, when you said that you used the "same Saitek joystick for 2 years" I
    thought you meant you used the same Saitek joystick that I posted about :)

    --
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit the [FLOT] Spearhead Servers
    14 slot modded stock maps: 66.55.134.103
    18 slot Single Player map conversions: 64.237.43.196
    www.flotserver.net
  15. True Alas, so true!!
    It has it's problems. I'm still waiting for it to download when plugged into the usb port. Will use the Windows Panel advise.
  16. The Thing is a piece of *** will never buy another saitek anything.. worked off and on for 3 months after i bought it and now dont work at all ..waste on money
Ask a new question

Read More

Joystick Games Saitek Video Games