Cingular coverage on Kitsap peninsula in Washington

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:18:49 -0700, "Jimbo" <jimb@wingpointgolf.com>
wrote:

>Anyone else having problem in this area?

Yes!

We have trouble with our tdma phone. We often need to dial up to 3 or
4 times before we get connected, we get very often a busy signal von
cingular. It was way better during the att days.

Ludger

"Ludger Wolf" <ludger@nurfuerspam.de> wrote:
> "Jimbo" <jimb@wingpointgolf.com> wrote:
>
> >Anyone else having problem in this area?
>
> Yes!
>
> We have trouble with our tdma phone. We often need to dial up to 3 or
> 4 times before we get connected, we get very often a busy signal von
> cingular. It was way better during the att days.

Might have to do with the fact that (I'm told) Cingular is doing some
network merging stuff and is also cutting down TDMA capacity. GAIT phone
(Siemens S46 and Ericsson T62u) owners have been told to buy new phones &
get new plans (or, at the very least, turn off TDMA capability in their
phones). The iffy coverage in Kitsap was THE reason I got the phone in the
first place!! Argh!