Gtx570 driver 296.10 - 301.24 problems

one_with_shadows

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I tried installing 296.10 drivers a few days ago. I was playing some lfd2 with my wife when it crashed to desktop. It continued to do this. I have clean installed 301.24 beta over it...same problems. I did a clean install of the older drivers I had been using flawlessly. This also did not fix my problem. Also, while installing drivers occasionally the screen just starts flashing different colors. That requires a reboot to solve. I have already tried using driver sweeper to get every part of the driver off of my pc. Another strange thing is, an extra card I have couldn't get by without the SAME problems. Any ideas on how I could go about to fix this? I can not find any answered over on the Nvidia forum. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. All I have left is trying to un-install the game and do that. Skyrim played for about 10 or 12 minutes without as much as a hiccup.

one_with_shadows

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I have a Corsair 750TX thats well, 750 watts. :) I know all about not using a cheap psu. Though, you mentioning this did make me worry a little. My Corsair is crossing 3 years now. I plan on keeping it for at least another 2-3 though.

one_with_shadows

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009

Well, as happy that I am that a simple re-install seems to have solved my problem...I am a bit concerned as well. I have a decent idea as to WHY the game may have been having a problem..and I do not like the answer. I have been overclocking my cpu lately and trying to stabilize it. At one point the PC straight up shut down during burn test for one reason or another. (I was at the store at the time) After that I had another issue pertaining to one of my 4 WD green drives and the drivers. Installing Intel RST solved that problem. This compounded with that is telling me that perhaps a few too many shut downs has corrupted some data. I will wait a day or so to see if the problem arises again. I am hopeful that it wont. Before I couldn't play 5 minutes without a crash. I was able to play a full round of LFD2 without problem.

TRENDING THREADS