Sign in with
Your question

How can get a Evga gtx 680?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 30, 2012 5:24:06 AM

Okay so the last part of my build is a Evga gtx 680 but it is always out of stock on Newegg. I have tried the auto notify feature but it hasn't been working fr me or other people I have talked to. I am very strictly set on spending $500 so I can't pay more. Can someone please give me some advice on how I can get one?

More about : evga gtx 680

a b U Graphics card
April 30, 2012 5:27:38 AM

Save 50$ and get the 7970.
m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
April 30, 2012 3:18:12 PM

Yes, there is shortages on supply, maybe you have to wait a little longer. A 7970 would also be a great choice too.
m
l
Related resources
April 30, 2012 3:26:56 PM

destroyer432 said:
Okay so the last part of my build is a Evga gtx 680 but it is always out of stock on Newegg. I have tried the auto notify feature but it hasn't been working fr me or other people I have talked to. I am very strictly set on spending $500 so I can't pay more. Can someone please give me some advice on how I can get one?

I called tiger direct customer service and placed my order over the phone....build a rapport with the person you're speaking to and they'll probablly grease the wheels for you and get you one quickly....mine shipped in about 4 days.
m
l
April 30, 2012 3:27:54 PM

destroyer432 said:

You will have to wait until they are in stock at your pricepoint. There are some available at e-tailers with a markup in price.

I would setup an alert on Amazon, Newegg and others so you will be notified once they are in stock.
Or, as mentioend above go for the 7970, since they are in stock and performance is on par.
m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
April 30, 2012 5:59:06 PM

po1nted said:
You will have to wait until they are in stock at your pricepoint. There are some available at e-tailers with a markup in price.

I would setup an alert on Amazon, Newegg and others so you will be notified once they are in stock.
Or, as mentioend above go for the 7970, since they are in stock and performance is on par.

????
m
l
April 30, 2012 6:10:06 PM

po1nted said:

Amazon is price gouging so no to that. I put alerts up on Evga.com and newegg but they havnt been working. I will not settle for a 7970.

I saw a Galaxy Gtx680 up on Newegg earlier but I didn't get it because I wanted Evga's step up program and warranty. Now I found out that they changed their warranty and the only way to be eligible for the step up program is to purchase the extended warranty. So now I wish I wouldve bought the Galaxy while it was up for literally 2 minutes
m
l
April 30, 2012 6:23:55 PM

My company sells the EVGA cards. We got 2 in about two weeks ago and haven't seen a single card since. We typically get shipments on Thursday... my suggestion would be to contact local shops and find out what days they get shipments. The auto-notify does work on the sites you listed, the cards just aren't coming in with any consistency. Be patient. I would go with the GTX 680 over the 7970... if you're looking at cards in this price range, get the best! Nvidia has superior drivers, technology and it's a faster card in most games. Kind of a no-brainer.
m
l
April 30, 2012 6:29:00 PM

Ironwilly said:
My company sells the EVGA cards. We got 2 in about two weeks ago and haven't seen a single card since. We typically get shipments on Thursday... my suggestion would be to contact local shops and find out what days they get shipments. The auto-notify does work on the sites you listed, the cards just aren't coming in with any consistency. Be patient. I would go with the GTX 680 over the 7970... if you're looking at cards in this price range, get the best! Nvidia has superior drivers, technology and it's a faster card in most games. Kind of a no-brainer.

The card has came in at times that I have been signed up for auto notify but I didn't get an email. And apparently they have been restocking everyday the problem is that are bought out fast. I know this because everyday there is posts on forums where people have stated that the product is up.
m
l
April 30, 2012 6:35:50 PM

Hmmm... it's tough to say. Typically the auto-notify works well, though I haven't used it for that product in particular. The only thing I can think of is that Newegg is possibly selling the cards before they arrive. This would mean they don't actually have them in stock, therefore the auto-notify doesn't work. This is just a guess though.

Have you tried local shops? With the popularity of online sites, a lot of people forget about them. There are posts all the time about people walking into Fry's, CompUSA, etc., and seeing stock just sitting there. You will have to pay tax this way, but it might be a quicker way to get your hands on one. Good luck to you mate!
m
l
April 30, 2012 6:41:33 PM

Ironwilly said:
Hmmm... it's tough to say. Typically the auto-notify works well, though I haven't used it for that product in particular. The only thing I can think of is that Newegg is possibly selling the cards before they arrive. This would mean they don't actually have them in stock, therefore the auto-notify doesn't work. This is just a guess though.

Have you tried local shops? With the popularity of online sites, a lot of people forget about them. There are posts all the time about people walking into Fry's, CompUSA, etc., and seeing stock just sitting there. You will have to pay tax this way, but it might be a quicker way to get your hands on one. Good luck to you mate!

Unfornutately I live in the middle of nowhere in Kentucky. So I have no computer stores within even 3 hours of me. I guess I'll just wait and hopefully either a Evga or Galaxy pops up today or tomorrow.
m
l
!