Home Full Tower Media Storage and Streaming PC

1ndian

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Hello All,

I've PC, Laptops, Mac, Synology and Maxtor Storage and couple of 2TB hard disks in the PC. too many devices and too many cables and running out of storage. so I'm looking to build a full tower system for storing and streaming my media bank. I'll get rid of my PC (HP) and disparate storage devices.

Approximate Purchase Date: Next Three Months (if everything goes according to plan ;-)

Budget Range: $800-$1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Store Media Files, Play them on HDTV (most important), PC, Mac, Laptop, Tablets & Smartphone, Convert DVDs/Blu-Ray Discs, Internet Browsing, Download. Please give me suggestions if there's a better media manager/player than Windows Media Center. I need Asian language support.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I'm in UAE. So don't know how much this can help.

Parts Preferences: Any reliable brand will do. I'm looking for parts that has 3 yrs manufacturer warranty.

Overclocking: NO!

SLI or Crossfire: NO!

Monitor Resolution: HDTV, 30" Monitor (2560 x 1600)

Additional Comments: As silent as possible, I like full tower, should support upto 10 hard disks. Prefer to have pluggable hard disk drives that are accessible from outside. OK with having 2.5" SSD to install OS, all component must support ubuntu/Linux in general. I would like the storage be available even when one disk in the array fails. I'm open to any OS, applications and configurations as long as they complement the solution, I would like TV tuner, WMC remote. upgradability is very important when it comes to motherbaord

If you need further information, please let me know.

Thanking you in advance

regards,
Shereef