Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Active or Passive DVI to Displayport

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 30, 2012 6:22:10 AM

Hello

I just bought my final piece for my build, the i7 3770K. With it, obviously, comes the Intel HD 4000 graphics. I bought 3 ASUS VS 248H-Ps for use in my build and would like to use two of them with the iGPU (until I get my hands on a EVGA GTX 680 FTW ;P). My motherboard has two video inputs, HDMI and Displayport. I can easily plug in one by using a HDMI cable, but if I want to plug in my second monitor can I just use a passive DVI to Displayport adapter or do I have to use a passive one?
April 30, 2012 10:37:06 AM

rakkon said:
Hello

I just bought my final piece for my build, the i7 3770K. With it, obviously, comes the Intel HD 4000 graphics. I bought 3 ASUS VS 248H-Ps for use in my build and would like to use two of them with the iGPU (until I get my hands on a EVGA GTX 680 FTW ;P). My motherboard has two video inputs, HDMI and Displayport. I can easily plug in one by using a HDMI cable, but if I want to plug in my second monitor can I just use a passive DVI to Displayport adapter or do I have to use a passive one?

Get an Active displayport.
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
April 30, 2012 4:03:45 PM

rakkon said:
Hello

Get an active adapter and not have to worry about it.
Related resources
April 30, 2012 6:42:55 PM

Thanks guys! I ordered a SAPPHIRE Active DisplayPort Adapter 100924 DisplayPort to DVI Interface.
Score
April 30, 2012 6:43:07 PM

Best answer selected by rakkon.
Score
a c 272 U Graphics card
April 30, 2012 8:54:12 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!