RAM: 16GB G.Skill 1600Mhz
SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
HD: 2x 2TB Western Digital Black 7200rpm and 2TB Western Digital Green
GPU: Radeon HD 7850
PSU: Corsair TX650
Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14
6 answers Last reply
More about need case replace antec
  1. Why do you want to spend money to get a case that is mostly equal to the case you have now?
  2. well I don't like the bays on the antec 300 and the interior is white and there also is no room for cable management
  3. The HAF 912 might be the best one for you.

It has sideways cages which are great, removable cages which are also great, and a SSD mounting location which is nice too if you have a SSD.

I am not thrilled about the side fan setup on it, but it is still better than those other cases you mentioned.
  4. I've got the Antec 900, and the only thing it scores top marks on is air flow. Unless you're thinking of the 902 there is very little in the way of cable management.

I'm not a huge fan of Antec cases - they're poor build quality for the price and most of the designs are way too fiddly and cramped.

Like Raiddinn said, the HAF 912 is your best choice.
  5. richy4248 said:
    I've got the Antec 900, and the only thing it scores top marks on is air flow. Unless you're thinking of the 902 there is very little in the way of cable management.

I'm not a huge fan of Antec cases - they're poor build quality for the price and most of the designs are way too fiddly and cramped.

Like Raiddinn said, the HAF 912 is your best choice.

Interestingly enough, one time I did come across someone who said they had owned at one point or another both the HAF 912 and the Antec 302 as well as a lot of other low end cases and they thought the overall quality of the 302 blew away that of the HAF 912.

They vehemently supported their viewpoint as well, I mean they made a really really really big deal about it. They didn't really point to anything other than the vacuous "build quality" as the differentiating factor, though. They couldn't point to any actual feature advantages.

Since then, I have heard infinitely many more people leaning toward HAF 912 as being the best low end case and few to none making the same claim for the Antec 302. I have personally said for a long time that the HAF 912 is going to be the best case for most of the people out there and I still maintain that.

As long as the whole computer costs at least about $600 or so, I don't think there is much of a good reason to get any other case even for PCs that go well into the mid $1000s. It probably isn't the greatest for crazy cooling setups, but those usually don't come into play till well north of $2000s.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Antec Corsair Components Product