Halo 2 Maps graphic keeps popping and moving backward

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.live,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

Hey all,

I been a Halo player since the beginning, well I recently got online to play
against others and I come across horrible graphic popping, and deja vu
things.

I would be running, then suddenly I find myself 20 paces back running again.
Same as if I picked up a weapon, then suddenly I am back on the spot to pick
it up again.

I destroyed a tank, only to see it pop back to the moment that the tank was
not destroyed. It is as if someone is rewinding the game a few seconds back.

I thought it maybe that my DVD drive is not loading fast enough? I have a T1
line (using my work connection after hours) so I know the connection is
good.

But I toughed it out. All this happened in Team Skirmish, with my rating as
a 1 to 5. But as I got to 6 and higher (I am a 12 now) I find this is
happening less and less.

Does this graphic popping and moving have to do with your rating skills?

Thanks for your answer.

Cheers,
PQ

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.live,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

A Brave new world "Online Gaming!" What you experienced is called "lag" look
it up in millions of sites on the internet, its an inherent feature in all
things related to the internet. It's not the fault of the game. It just
happens. Dont call your internet provider just yet because your "t1" line
isnt to blame more than likely its the connection of others. Lag like you
are describing in halo can some times be explained by cheaters exploiting
the game by using cable modems with standby buttons. This will be common
place in halo. It is no longer honorable to earn a rating. The ranks are
usually measured by how good of a cheater you are. Just wait till you get
modded thats a great new feature (only on the new maps though). Have fun
gaming!