Tim

think there is a short cut for putting icons like my documents, my computer
on the desktop from the start buttom. Anyone knows how to do it, thanks

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:22A9C987-5C83-4589-AD1E-5D7BE2D81C00@microsoft.com,
tim <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> think there is a short cut for putting icons like my documents, my
> computer on the desktop from the start buttom. Anyone knows how to do
> it, thanks

Right click the item, drag it over to your desktop, release the button,
select copy here.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Right click Desktop | Properties | Desktop tab |
Customize Desktop button | General tab |
Desktop icons | Select what you want on the Desktop:
? My Documents
? My Computer
? My Network Places
? Internet Explorer

[[Specifies whether these Windows items will appear as icons on your
desktop. Select the check box if you want the item to appear on your
desktop; clear the check box if you do not want the item to appear on your
desktop.]]

Or...
Start | Run | Type: desk.cpl | OK

--