My System doesn't startup now and then- Follows a strange pattern..!!

gireeshnemath

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2012
Hello,
I purchased components and built my PC on 1st Sept. Everything was fine until two weeks back when one fine day the System doesn't power on. Initially the the blue LED on the power button and the CPU/Cabinet Fans were 'on' for some 10 Secs and then everything went down.
When I pressed the power button again, The LED and Fans just turned on and immediately went down. On subsequent attempts the system didn't show any signs of powering on. If I try after 10 min, it will power on for a second and then will go down.
I kept it idle for 2 days and third day when I started, it immediately started and was working fine for two days. Again one day morning it didn't switch on with above mentioned symptoms. After two days, again it started working fine. I kept it on continuously for 3 days and there were no problem.
After two days it stopped working once again. I noticed that even when it is not working, the green LED in the motherboard is glowing as long as the the system is powered (I guess it's the Standby LED). I am wondering whether it's a PSU problem.

Any suggestions/help will be much appreciated.

My Configuration:
----------------------

Intel I7 3770 Processor
Intel DH77EB Motherboard
Antec One S3 Cabinet
Antec VP450P 450W PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD
WD 1TB HDD

Regards,
Gireesh

gireeshnemath

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2012

Thanks for the reply. The strange part here is that after initial problem, it worked perfectly for one week and was not showing any issue while powering on/off the system. I was also suspecting a potential 'static' accumulation. Since I don't have a spare PSU to check, I will have to wait till this weekend to take the entire unit to the dealer..

-Gireesh