EVGA GTX 560 ti 448 Classified Ultra vs Asus Radeon HD7850

Status
Not open for further replies.

afxwinter

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
I could really use some advice on which of these cards to go with.
I've just upgraded my machine and still need a new GPU.
My power supply is 520 watts so that's something to consider.
I've found that I could get either the EVGA or the Asus for the same price ($250 Cdn), atually the Asus is about $5 cheaper + it has free shipping.
My last 3 GPUs have been Nvidia and I've had no issues with them and love the drivers.
I haven't owned a Radeon for over a decade and don't really know what to expect from them these days.
I'm under the impression that the 7850 will OC easier, be less noisy, and use less power. I also read that the 560 ti Classy will perform better out of the box but be loud as hell.
I would really appreciate it if you guys could steer me in the right direction!

Solution
I've been playing with EVGA Classified since December, and am pretty happy with the performance and noise level. For 1080p, I think this is the best card for performance/price. Or considering all the reviews I found, you may not get much benefit by having higher-end card than this at the moment.

However, if you have a decent card from previous generation, chances are that you don't need a new card for Diablo 3 because it is not as demanding as other new games in terms of graphics. You can check the official list of D3 card requirement for your current card. If your card can play D3 with HIGH, you don't need to hurry to buy a new card, and instead wait until GTX 660 Ti come to the market. Unless you are planning to play other...

jemm

Distinguished
Both cards you mentioned are good, and they will performance about the same with some small differences.

There is a difference (not so small) of 80 Watts (62%) in Power Consumption (Max TDP): HD 7850 130 Watts vs GTX 560 Ti 448 210 Watts.

If you consider texture filtering then the HD 7850 will be around 34% more effective then the GTX 560 Ti 448.

As for pixel rate the GTX 560 Ti 448 is a bit better than the HD 7850

afxwinter

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

I'll need to order my new GPU next tuesday at the very latest.
I want this shipped and installed in time for DIII's release.
Is there any new info on if the Keplers will be available in the next 2 weeks?

begnme

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
I would get the EVGA 560 TI and buy the one with the AR part number. Register that right away and you get a lifetime warranty. DIII at highest settings will run easily on this setup. You will have to try out some games with better graphics to see what this card can really do.

pedalbike

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
I was trying to make this same decision recently and decided to wait for kepler but if you are buying soon I would definitely go 560. Hexus 560 ti 448 classified review The one benchmarked there is actually clocked lower than the classified ultra so performance would be slightly higher. If power is not a concern and you won't use up the 1280mb of ram it seems like a no-brainer.

Its still coming, wait for May 3rd for more info. Since NDA will be lifted concerning these cards

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
I've been playing with EVGA Classified since December, and am pretty happy with the performance and noise level. For 1080p, I think this is the best card for performance/price. Or considering all the reviews I found, you may not get much benefit by having higher-end card than this at the moment.

However, if you have a decent card from previous generation, chances are that you don't need a new card for Diablo 3 because it is not as demanding as other new games in terms of graphics. You can check the official list of D3 card requirement for your current card. If your card can play D3 with HIGH, you don't need to hurry to buy a new card, and instead wait until GTX 660 Ti come to the market. Unless you are planning to play other games with huge graphics needs.

Solution

afxwinter

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
Thanks for the advice everyone!
I ordered the 560 ti and am awaiting an approval on the pricematch.
I'm upgrading from a 9800 GT and just updated the rest of my machine so I feel the 560 would be a nice update for $250.
I wasn't planning on waiting for the 660's mostly because I knew DIII wouldn't need the absolute latest card to max it out.
I do however want to play with vsync at 1920x1200, 8x AA and ambient occlusion enabled so here's hoping the 560 will deliver.
If not I suppose I can always sell it used and look at the newer cards at that time.
Cheers guys thanks again for taking the time to reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.