which p/su for PC Chip 810LMR mobo

emory

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2005
I want to build a Decat :oops: ed system. It will run (1) program for 12 Hour's a day. That is all it will be used for running winxp.
The Motherboard is a PC Chip 810 LMR CPU is Athlon 1.1 Ghz 258 Meg's memory. this is my first post and I need to know what Kind of Power supply to use on this setup. I checked with Newegg and they directed me to this forum. I read in some other forum to Make sure that it had the 4 pin or 8 pin hook-up. I have no idea of what that mean's and it does not tell me what kind of P/S to get. It must be reasonable as I am a Disabled Vet. (Viet-Nam) and have a Very strict budget.
Thank's in advanced for any and all help
Emory
kk4rb@mchsi.com

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Hmmm, that mobo doesn't need the 4-pin/8-pin hookup. Any standard ATX PSU will work. Well... many PSU's are crap, so 'any' isn't a good term.

Depending on what else is in the system, a 300w is good, and decent ones can be had for about $30. I like Fortron Source or Sparkle, so here's one I put into my 1.0ghz Athlon last year:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103915

Mike.

PS: In rememberance (especially because of today), Thank You for serving our country.

emory

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2005
tnx fishmahn,
So you don't think that it will need any kind of special P/S I bought the board off of Ebay and the seller told me to make sure that the P/S has
"You need to check to see if it has a little 4 prong square plug you have never plugged in or a flat 8 pin that was never used. These are tellers as they connect to certain P4 or Athlon boards."
So I looked at the one at newegg in the link that you sent and it looked like abt what I need.
Tnx
Emory
PS
about serving. Not a Problem!
If I was younger I wud do it again!!!