XBox party games for gamers and non-gamers?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

My buddies and I are going on vacation, and I plan on taking my XBox.
The three of us consist of a serious gamer (me), a guy who plays
occasionally, and a guy who doesn't game very much at all.

Obviously some of the games I consider fun (e.g. Dead Or Alive 3) will
be out of their league; I know the combos, but they've never played, and
none of us will have any fun. Even stuff like cooperative Halo might be
a little too much for them to pick up and become skilled in just a week.

So what "party games" are out there that both gamers and non-gamers can
pick up fairly quickly and enjoy playing with each other? The PS2 has
Mario Kart. The Gamecube has Wario Ware. What about the XBox?

Thanks to anyone who has suggestions!

aa

George Adams wrote:
> My buddies and I are going on vacation, and I plan on taking my XBox.
> The three of us consist of a serious gamer (me), a guy who plays
> occasionally, and a guy who doesn't game very much at all.
>
> Obviously some of the games I consider fun (e.g. Dead Or Alive 3) will
> be out of their league; I know the combos, but they've never played, and
> none of us will have any fun. Even stuff like cooperative Halo might be
> a little too much for them to pick up and become skilled in just a week.
>
> So what "party games" are out there that both gamers and non-gamers can
> pick up fairly quickly and enjoy playing with each other? The PS2 has
> Mario Kart. The Gamecube has Wario Ware. What about the XBox?
>
> Thanks to anyone who has suggestions!

Definitely look into racing games, as they are usually easy enough to
pick up and play and have a blast. The ATV series as well as Off Road
series are pretty good, and you can pick up the older titles for cheap.
Another AWESOME party game is Knockout Kings 2002. It has the added
bonus of being as much fun to watch as it is to play. Again, being an
older title you can pick it up for less than what a 12-pack costs.

TRENDING THREADS