Sign in with
Your question

$600 Gaming Desktop

Last response: in Systems
June 24, 2012 4:37:45 PM

Hi, I'm looking to build a modest gaming PC in the low price range of $600. It doesn't need to run games at Ultra, just needs to have decent fps and play-ability. Will also be doing modelling in 3ds Max and a bunch of Photoshop.

Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as possible, hopefully in the next few weeks.

Budget Range: $500-600

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Editing, Surfing the Internet, etc

Parts Not Required: Monitor, OS, Keyboard, Mouse

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Canada Computers, anything with decent shipping to Canada.

Parts Preferences: I guess since I'm on the lower end in terms of pricing, AMD cards and CPUs, unless you can find better Intels for the same price.

Overclocking: Yes, will probably overclock my CPU.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future, I'll stick to one card for now though.

Monitor Resolution: It's at 1680x1050, but I'd rather have a card that supports 1980x1200, as I will get a new monitor later on this year.

Additional Comments: Nothing fancy, just need to be functional for my needs :) 

Thanks!

More about : 600 gaming desktop

a b 4 Gaming
June 24, 2012 4:56:07 PM

Intel CPU's are going to beat the AMD ones at any budget for gaming. For the photoshop/modelling etc. you might want a quad core though so AMD might be better. Also, the lower end Intel CPU's won't overclock, most AMD chips will. Sounds like you will want to go with AMD. Something along the lines of this should suit you well:

FX-4170
8GB 1600Mhz RAM
990FX ATX Motherboard
HD 7750/7770
~500W PSU

You should be able to get something like that in budget.
m
l
!