Sign in with
Your question

DDR1 graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 30, 2012 3:02:09 PM

Hello,
My pc has ddr1 512 Ram, Pentium 4 processor with 2.40 ghz speed and bluestar motherboard.What kind of graphics card is needed?

More about : ddr1 graphics card

April 30, 2012 3:05:52 PM

Wow that's an old system. I don't recommend putting in any graphics card to that system. It probably doesn't even have a PCI-express slot.

You need a new system. Not worth upgrading that one, sorry. If you MUST put in a new graphics card, you need to check to see if your motherboard has a PCI-express slot or if it uses the older AGP slot for graphics cards.

If you must upgrade it, I'd say get whatever $50 PCI-e or AGP graphics card you wish. It's still a waste of money in my opinion, but that's the best you can do on such an old rig.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 30, 2012 3:12:10 PM

Yea you need to get a whole new system bro. thats a old build
m
l
Related resources
April 30, 2012 4:21:35 PM

What is with you guys? If it works for him, it works. For crying out loud...

@OP We'll need your motherboard's specs. Which Bluestar motherboard is it?
m
l
April 30, 2012 4:26:08 PM

MajinCry said:
What is with you guys? If it works for him, it works. For crying out loud...

@OP We'll need your motherboard's specs. Which Bluestar motherboard is it?

Well... if he goes and buys a PCI-e graphics card and tries to put it into an AGP motherboard, it's not going to work for him.

If he buys a $200 graphics card and pairs it up with that 2.4 GHz pentium 4, it's not going to work for him (at least, it will work no better than a $50 graphics card).

Technology is not postmodern. Things either work or they don't. :sol: 
m
l
April 30, 2012 5:06:17 PM

What's your intended use for this system?
If your goal is to play the latest games it simply wont cut it.
But if it's intended to be used only for web browsing, word processing, etc... it should be fine.

If the system doesn't already have a video card, as mentioned before check if you have an AGP slot, if not PCI will be your only choice, it's probably not worth spending too much on so looking for a used card might be a better option.
m
l
April 30, 2012 6:35:57 PM

His works with 3450 AGP (No higer than that)
m
l
May 1, 2012 6:29:12 AM

Hello, my pc has ddr1 1gb ram. pentium 4 processor with 2.40 ghz speed and bluestar motherboard with 8x agp slot. what kind of graphics card is needed?( plz reply me.THE agp brand And mb )
m
l
May 1, 2012 8:02:40 AM

There a Geforce 6200 AGP 512MB DDR Graphicscard.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
May 1, 2012 9:27:56 AM

What will you use your system for?
m
l
!