vasilisvvv

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Hello ..

My Asus 550 ti is overheating causing my pc to freeze with a red-pink shadow on my screen while nothing is working until i restart. the thing is that when i check the asus gpumonitor as soon i restart the temp is around 42C. I touched the pipeline on the card and was really hot, my though way over 42C .

Did anyone had the same problem here?
im ready to buy a second one same card but not im in thoughts...

thanks for you time guys

DM186

Splendid
First off could you please post your specs including your PSU brand and wattage. How are you monitoring your temps? There are other programs to check the heat then the one you posted.

Have you cleaned out the dust build up inside your case? Is the fan still working on your card? Don't be touching stuff on your card you could get really burned or you could cause your card to burn out.

If you can get back to us and answer the questions then we will be able to help.

vasilisvvv

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
hey mate.. actually, no offence but im not at that level of the fan still working;p
cant see where psu matters..
corsair ax 1200..
im top end at all componends such as i72700k, 24gb gskil, maximus iv extreme z..
im waiting for gtx 690 to be out to upgrade but the i thought one small upgrate with another one 550 for diablo 3 wasnt bad.. and now this..
i apply some artic silver 5 on it, ill push it a bit to see

DM186

Splendid
I ask that on all my questions about the PSU it is just standard troubleshooting so I can get the big picture. Oh yeah no offence taken and good luck on your artic silver and I hope that does the trick for you. Cheers