Looking for a 28nm Graphic for a budget price of 200-250 dollars.

holyindian

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
I guess the 28nm graphic core is excellent in low heat, and has better cooling and less power consumption.. I would like to add these to my Gaming/HTPC build. Although i use the system more as a media center, and game every once in a while.. Hence i would like to add a good above average 28nm based graphic card. Budget.. 200-250 dollars.
I was looking at HD 7770, but i guess their performance is not as great as compared to the previously released 6850-6890 series cards.. but the 6850 series cards not 28nm.

The system is an i7 2600K, with 16gb ram, thermalright silver arrow cpu cooler.

Please suggest.

That card is not quite suited for a HTPC setup, a gaming system does not care about noise or power, while a system used for media playback should care about both. The 7770 is probably a pretty good pick to use, it will run on a much smaller power supply than the 8750 and needs a lot less cooling (so less fan noise). If your computer will be just a regular tower that just happens to run media to a TV, then the higher-end card is fine. If the PC sits next to the TV and is mainly used for media playing, get the lower end card.

Or just get a stand-alone network media player for $100 or less and build the PC as a full gaming system.