Oct 29, 2012
hello

Boot error - press any key. This is the message that appears when initiating the computer. I can't format or to reinstall nothing at all, as there is no detectable unit where I can install it.

Through my Mp3 I installed Ubuntu and everything is working ok, apart from the fact that my internal disc just vanished.

I tried the BIOS setup, to connect and disconnect the internal disk, but nothing worked.

Any tips???

Check the BIOS to make sure the HDD is active

The HDD could be dead or dying

The boot partion may not be active

We need more information though. Is this a pre-built or custom built computer? Didyou just install or re-install Wndows? Has the computer ever worked?

Oct 29, 2012

I'm not so sure where can I see if the Hdd is active. In the CPU information it appears the following information - Intel(r) Atom(Tm) CPUN270@1.60 Ghz, in the memory information it says Total memory 2048 MB (DDR2) and in the IDE information SATA port0 not present.

was any of this helpful?

My computer is a pre built one and it had worked before.
I had the windows xp previous installed and then I changed to Ubuntu, because I was having problems with Trojans. After a while I started having some problems and I could not start neither Windows nor Ubuntu. So I decided to first reinstall windows (that was breaking down during instalation) and then Ubuntu (that was also breaking during the instalation.

Finally it started appearing before the instalation with windows a message of error and with Ubuntu it was saying there wasn t space enough to install it. That s when I tried to install Ubuntu in my Mp3 player and to run it from there. Now that the computer is working, I'm trying to figure out what happe