New Homebuilt Pc keeps freezing.

dovydasal

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Hey guys I just built a new PC, and I haven't really done anything with it. So tell me how I can fix this. I startup my pc and it freezes and everything becomes unresponsive within 1-10 minutes. Please tell me how i can fix this. I spent alot of money and this is annoying.

dovydasal

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
The screen freezes but the computer keeps running. But the sound freezes also and I cannot hear anything. like a picture on the screen and no sound or A REALLY LOUD BLERRRRR until I press the reset button

Merueth

Honorable
May 24, 2012
If you have another graphics card, try starting up your computer running a different card and see how it goes.

It may be a monitor problem, so if you have a different one, I suggest hooking your PC up to that one, and see if anything changes.

dovydasal

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
I do not have another card. This is my first build.

As for the monitor I have 2 others, but I need some thing to make them compatiable (it is old) and I am not sure how to hook it up.

EDIT: I will try to hook it up.

Merueth

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Ok, if it makes any difference, let me know. It is probably your monitor or graphics related problem, otherwise the whole thing would crash, not just freeze. Keep in mind that I don't have any personal experience with this kind of issue, so don't expect too much. :/