aosocio07

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
Just finishing putting together a computer and everything seems to be working except it wont post. All the fans run and the all the drives work but I cant get a signal to the monitor. We had problems earlier but I don't think its a default CPU. Can everything work but the CPU not work?
BUILD
Core I7 3770
MSI Z77
16GB 1600MHZ GSKILL/Patriot
Seasonic 1000 Watt Platinum
256GB Vertex 4
Western Digital Green 1.5TB

Solution
Then the next thing to do is to tear the computer down to the most basic parts and start troubleshooting. Start with just the motherboard, CPU and RAM and see if it does anything. Then add the videocard and re-test. Then add the HDD and optical drive. You can also try the RAM and CPU in another motherboard and see if it POST's. If it does then your problem is with the motherboard.

aosocio07

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
No, The problem is Im not getting any video feeds. Everything else is in working order though. I tried on the 7870 and the motherboard. There arent any beep codes so far. And Rolli59 I looked through the checklist and everything is fine. I just can't get it to post. Its pretty boggling so far. Im going to try to reseat the cpu tomorrow.

Then the next thing to do is to tear the computer down to the most basic parts and start troubleshooting. Start with just the motherboard, CPU and RAM and see if it does anything. Then add the videocard and re-test. Then add the HDD and optical drive. You can also try the RAM and CPU in another motherboard and see if it POST's. If it does then your problem is with the motherboard.

Solution