NZXT Sentry 2 problem

Paximus

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
I recently purchased and installed the Sentry 2 fan controller to power 3 case fans. All the fans seem to be running but I am unable to control the fan speed through manual or automatic modes. They are all at 00% speed and the fan icon does not spin. The temperature wires work and my fans seem to be running normally. It seems I can do everything but control fan speed. I am wondering if this is a faulty product or fan compatibility issue.

Fans:
80mm Xigmatek white led
80mm Genuine Delta Electronics no led
120mm AeroCool Power Cooler white led

Solution
Well it turns out it was user error. For some reason I had the fans connected to the 3 pin AND 4 pin connectors. When I unplugged the 4 pin everything works fine. I blame the lack of instructions, but at least I didn't have to RMA.

socialfox

Distinguished
I would say faulty, RMA it asap. Typically all the Thermal control panels I have seen and heard of are quite terrible in terms of actual quality. Most can not display correct temperatures others just die out and a select few suddenly have unresponsive buttons. Honestly, I believe there is no purpose for thermal control panel apart from aesthetics since software can tell temperatures and speedfan can change the rpm of a fan. Either way I would recommend you get this if you were to get your money back or need a working fan controller:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811995074

- Socialfox :)

Paximus

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Well that is disappointing, I kind of needed it to run my intake fans due to lack of 3 pin connectors on mobo and it looked so pretty on my rig. Thanks for the replies, I will probably RMA it and see what happens.

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

i have the nzxt sentry 1 it works well no flashy lcd or anything it just uses pendometers or what ever they are called its got 5 slider switches but it does exactly what its supposed to and it does it well, im controlling 5 120mm fans off it the black mesh fits in perfectly with my storm scout and makes up for gigabytes hopeless fan control support. i also find speed fan doesnt work well with any gigabyte boards i have ever owned

Paximus

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Well it turns out it was user error. For some reason I had the fans connected to the 3 pin AND 4 pin connectors. When I unplugged the 4 pin everything works fine. I blame the lack of instructions, but at least I didn't have to RMA.

Solution