azzclown

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Hello everyone i need your help, this is really getting on my nerves. It all started like 2 months ago shutting down sometimes not all the times when i play games, anyway since it was not irritating me i did not pay it any attention but last week it has gone to the point that i cant play a single game. First i though that it could be overheating problem because i check my cpu temperature and it was a little high(cpu is amd 965 Be). I saw it peek at 70c in bf3 with ultra settings(was able to do this alt tabbing every now and then). So anyway at that point my pc was shutting down like instantly in every other game surprisingly i was able to run bf3 for a while if i was lucky, so i decided to clean my cpu and it went from 54c idle temp to 38 idle temp, may not be that good, but since i am sweating as hell as im writing this i think its reasonable lol( very hot were i live). So the bad thing is that it still is shutting freaking down, my video card(GTX 570) is mostly clean, it have some few dust around the fan but the fan is keeping it good since it has yet to get to a 80% usuage of the fan, (the peak i saw was like 75% or something and that was when i could play for long periods of time). So the heat problem is out of the picture, virus problem ? i formatted my pc like 4 hours ago and re installed windows back and my pc is still shutting down. Ram seems okay, everything seems good, i can watch videos, can browse the web, can do anything except play a pc game bacause as soon as i get pass the menu of the game, the loading screen the game crashes( example : nba2k13, you pass the loading screen and when the commentators says " Well its a beautiful day here in..." whatever city the stadium is, the pc shuts down as soon as they start talking.) My ram is good ( 2 4gb ddr3 1600, PNY is the brand). So the only thing left in my mind is the Power Supply(TR2 600W, i think the brand is thermaltake),i tried shutting all my case lights and fans , and i still did not have any luck. My pc is almost one year old, its kind of sad that i have to spend more money into this pile of crap but oh well.So what do you all think, maybe im missing something... think my chances of fixing this by buying a new Power Supply are high? if so what Power Supply should i buy?

Thanks for reading all this, good day to all!

knightdog56

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
How do you know the memory is good? Did you run memtest 86+ and have you tried to run prime95 yet? Also when you reapplied the thermal compound to the CPU did you take the cpu out of the socket and reinstall it? Make sure all connections from power supply to components are secure. Power supply might! be a problem but I would rule out other components first.