Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade to student home 2007 on windows 8 program

Last response: in Windows 8
January 25, 2013 5:20:16 PM

Hello, Hi I am so confused I have windows home student 2007 and am the third user. It appeared to download okay .. i hv a new laptop and am not computer literate and ready to pull my hair out! I am trying to edit my mom's memoires, which which updated at work (I just retired) in 2007 on Windows XP .. and when I try to save to 2007 to work on ... Microsoft is coming up on screen asking me to download windows 2011 at $399. Isn't there an update to student that is much cheaper that I should be able to use to edit this document? hope you can help me. thanks so much. Faye
a b * Windows 8
January 25, 2013 5:22:35 PM

Hi :) 

Are you SURE you are the THIRD USER ?

It sounds like you are the fourth so it wont activate...

Ring Microsoft ,they will check and tell you...

All the best Brett :) 
February 1, 2013 11:33:25 AM

Thank u Brett. Yep - 2007was downloaded successfully and is working! Not a prb - since writing this question - have been in touch w Microsoft tells me that for this particular document that I wished to work on/edit, etc. and current new programs that I have on this new laptop that 'I can't go down' and need to upgrade to 2010 .. now, of course I only want to purchase the cheapest version if that's the case. Thnks for your input. Faye Gradually i think I am understanding this a bit better.
Related resources
a b * Windows 8
February 1, 2013 4:21:58 PM

faye rose said:
Thank u Brett. Yep - 2007was downloaded successfully and is working! Not a prb - since writing this question - have been in touch w Microsoft tells me that for this particular document that I wished to work on/edit, etc. and current new programs that I have on this new laptop that 'I can't go down' and need to upgrade to 2010 .. now, of course I only want to purchase the cheapest version if that's the case. Thnks for your input. Faye Gradually i think I am understanding this a bit better.

Hi :) 

Microsoft are FIBBING....

ANY document that will open in 2010 will also open in 2007 ... there is NO difference...apart from versions...

All the best Brett :) 
February 8, 2013 5:32:29 PM

Hi Brett - think I'm confusing u. Hv successfully loaded the Student 2007 program on my laptop which has windows 8 - cannot open the document on my new laptop - in Student 2007 - it's asking me to upgrade to micorosoft office. That's what my prob is all about. I can, however, open that particular document (my mom's memoires) on my husband's computer which was purchased in 2009 - new- and student 2007 is on that computer. I have no idea of which windows version is on that computer. Does this info make sense to you??? Thank you. Faye
!