Can Nvidia control center and catalyst control center

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
I'm getting my GTX 680 this week and i currently use a Phenom 980.

I would normally use the CCC to do the overlocking. ( It isnt stable when i do it on the bios)

Would i be able to use both programs without any kind of issue?

Solution

First ckeck CPU status for voltages and CPU multiplyer.
Next will be clock/Voltage page.
Either write these down,take a screen shot, or picture with a camera.
Go to the Auto clock page and click start. See how far it will overclock without "voltage Boost.Especially if you do not have an aftermarket cooler.
When it is done compare the new settings with the old ones.

luquiboyn

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
did you mean having catalyst control center and nvidia drivers installed in the same pc for overclock your gpu?? I think you should use anither app like rivatuner, and unninstall CCC and all amd graphics drivers

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

Not true there is also CPU overdrive if you hadn't known.

With the regular amd overdrive program i cant overclock as high :(

Wrong answer.
It has nothing to do with "Black Edition " processors.
It will overclock the base clock or FSB on certain(700 series chipset and up I believe. May support 600 series) AMD board. If you have an AMD graphics card it will monitor it.
If you have integrated GPU or graphics processor on the motherboard you can overclock it.
You can also change voltages if your bios is set to AUTO.
On black edition processors you can change the multiplyer up or down. On regular processors you can change the multiplyer down but NOT up.
AMD overdrive is just OK for beginners. After you check and see what bios items it changes you should set those items in your boards bios manually. Then forget about AMD overdrive.
Always check stability !
Memtest http://www.memtest86.com/download.html
OCCT http://www.ocbase.com/
Prime 95 http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/
These should be ran at least 12 hours each to test for complete stability of your overclock.

I basically wanna overclock my cpu using some kind of program and CCC is the only one I know about.

I got a MSI MOBO
At first I thought he was asking about overclocking Nvidia card with CCC. Then he posted this. So I explained AMD overdrive to the ill informed poster who said he need a Black edition processor for overdrive to work.

I hate passing along bad information if I can stop it politely. Couple BANS over the years for not being polite to a few people that deserved it.
Maybe the OP is confuse between CPU-GPU?

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

I see...., How would i know what bios items it changes? is there a way to see? :eek:

First ckeck CPU status for voltages and CPU multiplyer.
Next will be clock/Voltage page.
Either write these down,take a screen shot, or picture with a camera.
Go to the Auto clock page and click start. See how far it will overclock without "voltage Boost.Especially if you do not have an aftermarket cooler.
When it is done compare the new settings with the old ones.

Solution