I want to upgrade my GPU

jmani

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I want to upgrade my graphics card so I can play some games like battle field 3. Skyrim and mw3. My computer is a HP s3600t.

The specs are : Intel pentium dual core 2.5 e5200
Nividia geforce 9300
3 gb ddr2 going to be upgraded to 4
Psu 180 watt

I want to upgrade my gpu to good amd graphics card, but I would have to find one that actually fit in the case, and work with 180 watt power. So I started researching and found the AMD Radeon 7750. Its small so I can fit it in the case. But on the website said that you need a 400 watts. But I read from a few sources that you can run it on a 200watt psu. But I have 180 watt,will it run? If not what should I do? I just want to play modern games a medium settings or higher with a good amount of fps.

PMentior

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

180 watts is really low for any current GPU that can run those games well. If the HD7750 says it requires a 400 watt PSU or better you should use a 400 watt PSU or better. Will it run on your current PSU? I would guess not. It may boot-up fine if your lucky but when you put any load on it by playing a game you will probably crash.

I see that your computer is a SlimLine Model. These small computers are not designed to be easily upgraded as they make a lot of trade-offs to fit into the small case. Particularly they use a smaller and non-standard PSU which makes finding a PSU upgrade a hassle.

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
This isn't really fair as I'm biased towards store-bought comps. but that, I truly am sorry is a bad comp for gaming. Putting in a GPU will definitely help but BF3 runs really good with a quad core. My personal idea is if you can, take that sucker back. If not upgrade PSU to this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341016

And http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121633 for the GPU. Not bad pricing but if you can, seriously build your own comp. for much less $. That isn't a bad nor good rig. Sorry. Wish you luck dude!